Author Topic: All you MK3 people with problems...  (Read 31419 times)

Offline Overseer

• I live here
Re: All you MK3 people with problems...
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2005, 15:31 »
on a 16v its at the very front of the engine on the top of the front of the manifold underneath the molding that guides the leads to the plugs
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline sss

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2005, 13:08 »
on a 16v its at the very front of the engine on the top of the front of the manifold underneath the molding that guides the leads to the plugs

Cheers for the info on this, will check this out later     :smiley:

Offline Gix

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2005, 17:16 »
Only problem im having now is when i go to the garage or after a short run the damn thing wont start most embarrasing with the stealership next door..cant decide if its the immobilizer playing up been on the vag-com and it shows no problems and not being mechanically minded i might just get mi hammer out.. :shocked: :grin: :grin:

Could be your starter motor mate, once had a Ford that did that n after much swearing and pennies spent it turned out to be the starter draining all the power just to turn it over not leaving enough to fire the ht coil into life.

Offline sss

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2005, 12:06 »
:cry:
Got a really annoying oil leak, can anyone suggest where it might be coming from please?  see my previous post regarding this. Cheers

Offline sss

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2005, 13:23 »
Oil leak sorted, it was the oil pump seal leaking.. car now for sale     :smiley:

Offline missk22

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 05 June 2005, 22:47 »
ive got a slight problem with my 93 k plate the fact is simple the central locking has just packed up. First of all it worked fine then it developed into being a bit tempremental now it's not working at all!!! This is proving a right pain in the arse always having to shove my arm down to the manual realise button to put fuel in the car. Does anyione have any suggestions to sloving this problem? Apparently it's quite common

Offline MrF16vmk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 09 June 2005, 00:27 »
missk22 - what model is your 93K? I had a problem just like yours with a K reg golf 1.8CL. Turned out to be just a loose electrical connector to the central locking operating pump. If yours has the same system this is located in the boot on the right hand side (if its a hatchback). It should be surrounded by insulating foam. All I had to do was push the two parts of the connector together and it started working again - cost nothing and took five minutes!

Hope this helps :smiley:

Offline gbolton

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 11 June 2005, 15:45 »
my CL has packed up too. The motor was still woking but the locks weren't. So I took it appart and found the impeller had disintegrated  :angry:

Another problem I had was the car lost poswer at 3k RPM. turned out to be the fuel pump wasn't supplying enough fuel at that point hence the poor engine was starved of fuel.

Offline chrisk

• Just got here
« Reply #28 on: 23 August 2005, 15:15 »
I've got a 97 8V GTI thats starting to miss at about 3000rpm.  It's running okay it's just a bit fluffy between 2800-4000, feels like it's missing. I've changed plugs, leads, dist cap, rotor arm, air filter, still no good, I don't wanna put it into a garage, any ideas ?

Offline mr wong

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 10 October 2005, 11:26 »
Can anybody help me with my car problems (too many personal problems to bother about! :laugh:) if so please look at my "SCARY BISCUITS THREAD"

Ch3ears!