Author Topic: 00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28)  (Read 33573 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: 00513 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28)
« Reply #30 on: 23 June 2010, 14:11 »
OK dude, I'll try that  :smiley: :smiley: cheers!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #31 on: 02 July 2010, 19:49 »
Right, I've made a new engine earth to replace the cam cover>ignition coil as the old one was pretty worn out, and also tapped into the earth of the engine speed sensor wiring. I've earthed it to a threaded stud next to the starter motor. Scanned with vagcom, cleared then took it for a drive. Even though the misfiring was occurring every so often especially when on load, the fault code didn't return after a drive around the area (it used to come back after driving the car just down the road literally). So for now I think it may be sorted and saved myself £50 for a new sensor. I'll use the car for a few more days and see if the mifiring comes back, and scan it with vagcom to see if the fault has reappeared. If not then I'll spend the money on a solid front engine mount as it needs replacing and I've heard very good things abut solid ones  :smiley:

Again, John and Paul thanks a million for all the help as usual  :smiley:

Offline Garethw110

• Just got here
« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2013, 17:27 »
Just saw the GSF price  :sick:

Don't suppose you have the part number do you? I'm looking for a G28 engine speed sensor too but I'm not sure exactly which it is on GSF, I think it's the one in the link, can anyone confirm? It's for a Mk5 GTi

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/929vg0330
2006 GTi DSG

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2013, 17:44 »

Don't suppose you have the part number do you? I'm looking for a G28 engine speed sensor too but I'm not sure exactly which it is on GSF, I think it's the one in the link, can anyone confirm? It's for a Mk5 GTi

It would make it easier for yourself, if you posted in the right section. This is MK3 section, Not MK5.

Offline Garethw110

• Just got here
« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2013, 23:23 »

It would make it easier for yourself, if you posted in the right section. This is MK3 section, Not MK5.

Sorry, I did know this when I posted, just thought rather than starting a new thread somebody who'd already bought the same part (albeit from a different year/mk) would have a decent idea if it was the same part in the link. I've asked a few places and seems a few are asking the same questions as me. Cheers.
2006 GTi DSG

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 01 May 2013, 23:28 »
It's ok dude, just post in the MK5 section, surely someone would pop up who's been through this and can direct you in the right way.  :wink: