Author Topic: What Size Is This? (MK3 Tuned ABF Engine)  (Read 23354 times)

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
Re: What Size Is This? (MK3 Tuned ABF Engine)
« Reply #20 on: 13 February 2010, 18:03 »
can we talk about injectors?

ess three LOVES talking about them!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boring...is that the best you can do?

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2010, 18:34 »
can we talk about injectors?

ess three LOVES talking about them!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boring...is that the best you can do?

lol it's all i had time for. you may now ridicule my lack of imagination  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 13 February 2010, 22:06 »

lol it's all i had time for. you may now ridicule my lack of imagination  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

No point. Plus far too busy at work tonight...

Those who understand, understand.  :wink:

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2010, 11:32 »
well if you don't want to talk about them i guess i'll have to google it. after all i can find all the info i need on there!!!  :evil:

Offline evo7scotsman

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2010, 00:10 »
Cool cool, ive msg'd him so ill wait for him to drop me a reply.

Mines gettin a bit knackered so i'd rather replace it with something nicer ... want to get the same tube but in red :)

Back on track...

Top left...that's the Samco part, listed for an Ibiza GTI 16v RHD, and shown as part of the coolant kit. But I think they sell it on it's own.
It'll not make any more powr...but it looks pretty.  :kiss:

Found these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMCO-SILICONE-COOLANT-HOSE-KIT-VW-GOLF-GTi-MK3-16v-/270312753849?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3eefe54ab9

Well the link is for MK3 Golf GTi.

Does anyone know where to buy them apart from ebay??

Chris

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 07 May 2010, 00:16 »
Well the trader is Amber Performance, or you could buy from any Samco dealer. AwesomeGTI, Venom Motorsport, Demon Tweeks or any of the other huge list of distributors!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #26 on: 19 March 2011, 18:36 »
Im about to start tidying my engine bay up and have admired the standard yours is at Glen for some time, like the original poster of this thread im considering changing the intake pipe to something similar to what you have done. Going by what you mention in the required pieces to do such a task would the following by adequate?
I have a couple of questions...is that really a 90 degree elbow as the angle the pipe goes off at would say other wise or is this down to the way you've cut it down in length?
How long is the connecting straight pipe? Is essential for the breather pipe to connect to the straight pipe or could it be adapted to enter into the air box?

These are the parts of just sourced:

Elbow : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/76mm-3-ID-90-Degree-Elbow-Silicone-Silicon-Hose-Black-/140279671808?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20a951ec00
Reducer : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/76mm-63mm-Straight-Reducer-Silicone-Hose-Black-/130347748118?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5954cb16
Straight pipe : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/76mm-3-Aluminium-Alloy-Hose-Joiner-Silicone-Rubber-/130386601000?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5ba5a428

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 19 March 2011, 21:09 »
Im about to start tidying my engine bay up and have admired the standard yours is at Glen for some time, like the original poster of this thread im considering changing the intake pipe to something similar to what you have done. Going by what you mention in the required pieces to do such a task would the following by adequate?
I have a couple of questions...is that really a 90 degree elbow as the angle the pipe goes off at would say other wise or is this down to the way you've cut it down in length?
How long is the connecting straight pipe? Is essential for the breather pipe to connect to the straight pipe or could it be adapted to enter into the air box?

I made the custom inlet because nobody was making an aftermarket part at the time...and yeah it's a 90 degree elbow and a reducer.
But now, after dynoing it, I wouldn't bother again...there is no gain to be found. It looks pretty, but adds nothing.

The breather could go anywhere I guess...it was trial and error.

Offline luckycharms

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 20 March 2011, 03:16 »
Anyone know anything about what tha Mk3 rally kitcars had under the bonnet?
They were putting out 285bhp+ though i've no idea what internals/heads they were using...

Offline forsh

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 20 March 2011, 07:24 »
vr turboed? or with a blower?
and a few other bits