Author Topic: taxing my golf without logbook  (Read 1045 times)

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
taxing my golf without logbook
« on: 15 February 2012, 18:22 »
sent a new form away with 25quid postal order start of january still aint received my new logbook never got anything from previouis owner hence why a did this..foned them just now to be told they havent even got my application not happy.. question is can i tax the car without the logbook ??? and can i just go to dvla offices in glasgow and pay the 25quid and get a new logbook cause am sure as hell not sending more money to get lost cheers

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
Re: taxing my golf without logbook
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2012, 18:32 »
sent a new form away with 25quid postal order start of january still aint received my new logbook never got anything from previouis owner hence why a did this..foned them just now to be told they havent even got my application not happy.. question is can i tax the car without the logbook ??? and can i just go to dvla offices in glasgow and pay the 25quid and get a new logbook cause am sure as hell not sending more money to get lost cheers

write a letter  I usually have found them in the past to respond quickly and sort the issue at hand. IE they lost my sorn application and threatened to fine me, so angry letter and everything got fixed.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2012, 18:34 »
could try that but find it weird how they have lost the applicationn

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2012, 18:48 »
should be ok just going to tax office in town mate :smiley:

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2012, 18:52 »
ie post office ??or dvla foned them again there and there saying a cant tax it without logbook but others are saying fill in a v10 form and a can  :angry:lol

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2012, 18:52 »
when I taxed mine without logbook I had to show proof of insurance so a letter from your insurer
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2012, 19:01 »
its insured just not moted yet getting down next week as just finished getting it ready could try it a suppose

Offline opel

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2012, 19:04 »
u will need proof of insurance and mot to tax your car and i i rember right u can tax it on the green slip u usual get from when u buy the car

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 15 February 2012, 19:22 »
didnt get anything with it mate well i got a green slip from a transit van guy was out his face in all honesty so i handed cash over and left did a check on it car is legit just he never gave me correct logbook was that high to get the rite one no doubt

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2012, 19:51 »
didnt get anything with it mate well i got a green slip from a transit van guy was out his face in all honesty so i handed cash over and left did a check on it car is legit just he never gave me correct logbook was that high to get the rite one no doubt
u must have been more out your face to but a car with no logbook or mot  :grin:
but when u mot it the dvla office will sort a tax disc