Author Topic: Roll on tomorrow... new GTD incoming!  (Read 7272 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Roll on tomorrow... new GTD incoming!
« Reply #10 on: 12 April 2016, 00:00 »

One other thing that I have found with mine, which may catch you out at first, is that it won't go into anything other than normal for the first 10-12 miles after re-fuelling - presumably this is so it can adjust to the new fuel in case it is slightly different. I kept trying it the other day and once I had cleared the 12 miles it switched mid journey.

That's interesting I've never heard that spoken about before. It must just be for the newer cars as it changes with my 2year old car.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2016, 18:42 »

One other thing that I have found with mine, which may catch you out at first, is that it won't go into anything other than normal for the first 10-12 miles after re-fuelling - presumably this is so it can adjust to the new fuel in case it is slightly different. I kept trying it the other day and once I had cleared the 12 miles it switched mid journey.

That's interesting I've never heard that spoken about before. It must just be for the newer cars as it changes with my 2year old car.

Yeah I thought it was a fault at first. I tend to drive in normal most of the time, so didn't notice it for the 1st month as I didn't use sport. The 2nd time it did this recently was recently and it did let me change it after a few miles so it's not like a hard reset fixed it. The next time I go to fill up I'll turn it off in sport or individual and see what happens when I start it back up again.

I prefer the sport mode (individual - engine in sport, everything else normal as I don't like the engine sound in sport) feel to the throttle pedal if I want to have a bit of fun, as it's a lot more linear I think. I've been driving in individual for most of the last week!  :wink:

Hopefully other people with newer cars will report the same or I'll need to take it in to get looked at!

2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 14 April 2016, 13:28 »

Yeah I thought it was a fault at first. I tend to drive in normal most of the time, so didn't notice it for the 1st month as I didn't use sport. The 2nd time it did this recently was recently and it did let me change it after a few miles so it's not like a hard reset fixed it. The next time I go to fill up I'll turn it off in sport or individual and see what happens when I start it back up again.

I prefer the sport mode (individual - engine in sport, everything else normal as I don't like the engine sound in sport) feel to the throttle pedal if I want to have a bit of fun, as it's a lot more linear I think. I've been driving in individual for most of the last week!  :wink:

Hopefully other people with newer cars will report the same or I'll need to take it in to get looked at!

Ok so looks like is a fault as its been stuck in individual since this morning. Will need to get it looked at by dealer I guess
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000