Author Topic: Read and take note of the very limited VW warranty  (Read 7754 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: Read and take note of the very limited VW warranty
« Reply #20 on: 05 April 2016, 12:45 »
1 year if you buy them
2 if the dealer supplies and fits

But surely this doesn't matter as you've already pointed out (except to the people who are happy to be ripped off for VW) that it doesn't matter how long a car or part is warranted for, it has to last 6 years  :rolleyes:
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 05 April 2016, 12:55 »
1 year if you buy them
2 if the dealer supplies and fits

But surely this doesn't matter as you've already pointed out (except to the people who are happy to be ripped off for VW) that it doesn't matter how long a car or part is warranted for, it has to last 6 years  :rolleyes:

Within reason....... and I did point out that shocks are a wear and tear item so its harder to prove how long they will / should last.

We don't know if the OP goes rallying with his car on the weekend and therefore shortening the lifespan of the shocks. Its not designed for that is it and therefore even your Consumer Rights will struggle to argue that one  :rolleyes:

Offline dickt

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 11 April 2016, 14:01 »
I am retired, and the car has a very easy life. 32,000 very easy miles.
In my view, VW are a huge corporate which will be coughing up many Billions of dollars in fines and legal cases in the US due to its own criminal actions in dieselgate.
 The message has gone out from HQ to save every penny. That means that No "discretionary" money will be spent. So out goes care about Loyal customers, and in comes the Lawyer, who points out that all the "wear and tear" stuff is only warranted for 6 months, or 6,000 miles. The fact that most modern shock absorbers on modern cars do 100,000 miles is ignored.