Author Topic: US EPA accuses VW of cheating in oil burner tests  (Read 11556 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: US EPA accuses VW of cheating in oil burner tests
« Reply #30 on: 06 October 2015, 20:04 »
The checker is now on the UK site but I thought we were all EU6 cars anyway?

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo

I see my old Mk6 has failed.

"Dear Volkswagen customer,

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number WVWZZZXXXXXXX you submitted, is affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint and roadworthy.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. Volkswagen will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We will be in touch with you directly to explain what steps are required. We'll do the necessary work at our cost.

Yours faithfully,

Volkswagen"
« Last Edit: 06 October 2015, 20:20 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline SNR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 06 October 2015, 23:43 »
Just checked my VIN. Jan 13 GTD MK7. In the clear apparently! Honest... :grin: :shocked:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 07 October 2015, 07:32 »
All UK gtd's are unaffected.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.