Author Topic: GTD Ordered - I Think?  (Read 18002 times)

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Ordered - I Think?
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2015, 13:16 »
Thanks Mark,

I've sent an e-mail confirming what had been said over the phone, albeit not by him personally, but yeah if I haven't received anything in writing today I'll go over and see them in person.

I agree with that, the uncertainty of it all is what's making me uncomfortable, just wasn't sure if it was standard practice when not putting a deposit down in person!

Now: MK7 Golf GTD, 3Dr, Manual, Tornado Red, Vienna Leather, Tech Pack, Park Pack (Expected 06/2015)

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2015, 14:38 »
Received my order confirmation form via e-mail and the deposit has been taken!

Form says estimated delivery date 19/08/15 which would be roughly 20 weeks from now so I assume worst case scenario until factory accepts order and confirms?
Now: MK7 Golf GTD, 3Dr, Manual, Tornado Red, Vienna Leather, Tech Pack, Park Pack (Expected 06/2015)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2015, 22:35 »
I reckon they would tell you worst case scenario.

Incidentally @Mark V GTD, the dealer can do the credit check there and then. When I bought my GTD over the phone I wanted to put the car into my wife's name as I already had an Audi PCP out in my name. I thought I was just confirming some details that had been passed on by the broker and was just about to say to the dealer that I wanted it in my wife's name when he said "That's you been credit checked and accepted for a PCP"  All in the space of 5 minutes.

So any dealer that says it takes a few days is talking nonsense.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline SlipnDip

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 12 April 2015, 12:11 »
Still quite a long lead time for the cars

I ordered mine on the 13/01/15 & build week confirmed 27th april 2015

They said i should get it between mid & end of May 05/15 so we will see  :smiley:

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 April 2015, 15:43 »
Incidentally @Mark V GTD, the dealer can do the credit check there and then. When I bought my GTD over the phone I wanted to put the car into my wife's name as I already had an Audi PCP out in my name. I thought I was just confirming some details that had been passed on by the broker and was just about to say to the dealer that I wanted it in my wife's name when he said "That's you been credit checked and accepted for a PCP"  All in the space of 5 minutes.

So any dealer that says it takes a few days is talking nonsense.
it  can indeed take five minutes and it can take longer too. I had a nightmare once as I made an application but the dealer did not get a response straight away but said they would contact me as soon as the had a response. Few days later I get an e-mail saying 'sorry, you have been declined'!  The finance company was VWFS - at that time I had an existing PCP with them and the new one was going to be the same amount give or take a few pence and I had a 100% repayment record. As you can imagine I was not happy and also very puzzled.

I launched an 'appeal' directly to VWFS carefully setting out my argument - within two weeks they responded and said I was accepted subject to the current agreement being settled prior to the new one being taken out. In other words it was not made clear to VWFS by the dealer that the new car was going to replace the old one - so I am always careful to ensure that fact is pointed out to the finance company pointed as as it was an anxious two weeks!

PS - What I was subsequently lead to believe is that in the event of a straight purchase with no trade-in/settlement figure on the current car factored in to the deal on the new car they (VWFS) will assume its an additional purchase unless told otherwise.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 15:06 by Mark V GTD »

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2015, 15:46 »
Received my order confirmation form via e-mail and the deposit has been taken!

Form says estimated delivery date 19/08/15 which would be roughly 20 weeks from now so I assume worst case scenario until factory accepts order and confirms?
Glad its all moving forward for you :-)  The tracker should say 'with the factory' within a week - but it will not give you a confirmed build week until about four weeks before the build week - so in effect it will stay at 'with the factory' for a few months....

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2015, 20:17 »
I launched an 'appeal' directly to VWFS carefully setting out my argument - within two weeks they responded and said I was accepted subject to the current agreement being settled prior to the new one being taken out. In other words it was not made clear to VWFS by the dealer that the new car was going to replace the old one - so I am always careful to ensure that fact is pointed out to the finance company pointed as as it was an anxious two weeks!

My wife took my old car, the Audi A1 and I was planning on putting the new car in her name as I already had a PCP on the A1. But for some bizarre reason they accepted me again on the Golf so I currently have 2 running side by side in my name both from VWFinance.
Your scenario must happen all the time especially when folk are changing cars but I would imagine they have some mechanism in place to try and prevent folk being refused.

They probably thought I was trading in the A1  :rolleyes:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2015, 21:43 »
They probably did - but then if you have kept up the payments on both agreements all will be fine and dandy :-)

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2015, 12:00 »
Cheers for the comments guys.

I've had to leave him another message as he hasn't actually sent the finance quotation, it's just an order confirmation. The order number on the sheet is only 6 digits whereas it should be 8.

I asked him for more info on the back of him sending through the form and I didn't hear anything over the weekend.

I think I'll be calling the dealership manager later today if I haven't heard anything and will see what comes of that.

Seems like he just doesn't want to answer my questions and seems to be avoiding me which makes me wonder what he's hiding!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2015, 15:02 »
In my experience dealing with dealers (lol) purely by remote control can be a challenge. The only time I had a really good experience was using the Kent based dealer that Drivethedeal brokers put you with - their salesman was super attentive via e-mail.

With others it always seems that if they can get away with not responding to your call or e-mail they will. You are then left with having to travel to them to get things sorted out face to face....