Author Topic: GTD Ordered - I Think?  (Read 18007 times)

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
GTD Ordered - I Think?
« on: 09 April 2015, 16:03 »
Afternoon all, I'm new to the forum and after a bit of advice.

Ordered myself a new GTD after negotiating on a carwow offer and the dealer took deposit over the phone last Monday (30/03), or so I thought, nothing has gone out of my account to the tune of the deposit I agreed to put down.

I sent an e-mail a few days later chasing up some sort of order confirmation and a quick response from them said he'd send it over that day, nothing received, sent another e-mail a week after our phone call (06/04) and he promised it again, still haven't received anything, seemed to be "busy" when I called a few days later and still hasn't called back/responded to latest e-mail.

I appreciate salesmen can get busy but this just seems a bit strange?

Anyone have any ideas, or is this just standard practice?

He quoted 16-20 weeks for a lead in but not sure if that begins when he actually decides to take my deposit and send the order confirmation?

Cheers!
Now: MK7 Golf GTD, 3Dr, Manual, Tornado Red, Vienna Leather, Tech Pack, Park Pack (Expected 06/2015)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: GTD Ordered - I Think?
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2015, 08:45 »
Welcome to the forum.

Its not an unfamiliar story - but that does not make it acceptable. The danger here is that they don't have current allocation of cars to place your order and so are delaying. I think you now have to go all out to speak with the salesman and get to the bottom of it. Time for another phone call - I have to say, e-mails can be a good way to record what was said in writing, although a sales person can ignore them. Follow up your call with an e-mail of what was said/agree so you have something to fall back on later if needed.

Are they far away?

Another important question - are you going to finance the car via the dealer/VWFS?

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2015, 09:19 »
Thanks Mark!

Yeah I have got a record of all my e-mails as they're in one chain so easy enough to follow and I've noted down when I've tried to call him.

They're around 50 miles away so not too far but £3k better offer than the local dealership is why I went that way.

I think it's more frustration of not having any official confirmation from them, feel like I can't get excited about my new car yet.

Will be on a PCP with VWFS. Pretty much a straight swap, they're taking my MK6 GT 2.0TDI as p/x and the monthly payments on the new one are similar.
Now: MK7 Golf GTD, 3Dr, Manual, Tornado Red, Vienna Leather, Tech Pack, Park Pack (Expected 06/2015)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2015, 10:50 »
Like Mark has said its possible they don't have any allocation left to sell so are just stalling. Although why they don't just collect the money and have it sitting in their account is strange.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just continue to chase up the salesman. When I bought mine through a broker, I don't think the dealer took the money for over a week either.

Are you worried he gave you too big a discount and is unable to put it through?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2015, 11:07 »
That's the main thing that is confusing me, Why ask for a deposit over the phone as if to save time and then not actually take anything for over a week?

A part of me is thinking he's done too much and can't honour it, or maybe the whole tech pack thing was a mistake as well? I got DNS Pro, Dynaudio, Park Assist and Camera in their respective packs for around the same price as the DNS Pro on its own beforehand. Although from other posts on the forum it would seem that this is legit.

However, I did phone earlier today after Marks post and although the salesman was 'with a customer' I was told "don't worry, it's all ready to send, it will be with you today"

Don't think I'll be able to cope with the 16 weeks lead in if I'm like this already haha!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2015, 11:35 »
If they've told you it will be with you today then give them that opportunity and if you haven't heard anything by Monday phone back.
Carwow is good for deals and very legit. I wouldn't worry they can't now give you what they offered you.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2015, 11:38 »
Cheers p3asa, will do and will keep you posted on what happens.

All being well I should have a new GTD on the way soon!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2015, 11:40 »
I'm sure you will.
Its only natural to think something is up if you are getting a good deal but then they appear to be refusing to take your money  :laugh:

Once you get your order number that will put your mind at ease. Then you can check the tracker every 30 minutes of your life for the next 20 weeks  :rolleyes:

Offline TH91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2015, 11:46 »
I'm sure it will, that tracker is going to be my most visited page within a few days! followed closely by this forum!

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2015, 12:52 »
Fair enough - but if you have not come to a satisfactory result (in writing, including a clear statement of the options you have selected and the 'price to change' or the allowed trade in price of the current car) by today I would turn up to see them tomorrow.

You also need to get your finance deal locked in place as until you have been credit checked and accepted by VWFS its just a quote (which could change if GFV and/or APR is revised during your 16 week wait).