Author Topic: New member, just about to order GTD  (Read 15189 times)

Offline David Cook

• Not said much yet
New member, just about to order GTD
« on: 16 December 2014, 18:54 »
Hi guys.

I'm in the process of ordering a company car and after a few demo's have decided on the Golf.

Spec will be:

3 door GTD, DSG in Tornado Red

Black leather
Dynaudio soundpack
Discover navigation
Climate windscreen
Sport & Sound pack
Winter pack
Advanced phone connection

Putting order in next week and hopefully should get in March dependant on availability.

Am looking forward to it. Have had a mk4 gt tdi and mk4 v6 4motion. Was thinking about going BMW but can't trust myself with RWD :whistle:

Cheers
David

Offline phope

• I live here
Re: New member, just about to order GTD
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2014, 19:17 »
Welcome - sounds a nice spec :)

I put my order in the first week of October, and delivery expected late January/early Feb by the fleet administrators
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2014, 20:20 »
Winter pack is a bit of a waste with leather - only adds heater windscreen washer jets as heated seats come with leather and light washers are standard
I'd ditch and choose another option if you can
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline David Cook

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2014, 20:30 »
Oh ok, yes seems pointless. I'll get back to the Options list now

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2014, 07:03 »
Ditch the leather and keep the winter pack. Its not even real leather! How about changing the colour? Carbon grey or white are much better than red.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2014, 07:41 »
Half of it is real leather - half you are in contact with. But i'd agree - the leather is cold in the winter (hence the necessity for heated seats), hot in the summer, it can sag/stretch quite easily in use. You also lose a bit of the personality of the GTI/GTD by losing the Tartan (OK, not to everyones tastes, but the interior of most VWs is a bit on the drab side, the Tartan breaks things up a little) and the cloth on my 15 month old GTD still looks like new.

The colour is purely subjective - love a red GTD, didn't look right on an R (IMO), I'd be going DBP or Carbon Grey if I was getting another GTD, my forthcoming R would've been DBP if Lapiz blue wasn't on the options list for the R.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2014, 07:42 »
How about changing the colour? Carbon grey or white are much better than red.

Not so sure about that Chris  :laugh: If I had my time over again, I'd probably pick Red over White next time. Whilst I love the white (when it's clean), there are just too many damned MK7's near me in White, but very few Red's and those I do see look very nice indeed.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2014, 08:18 »
How about changing the colour? Carbon grey or white are much better than red.

Not so sure about that Chris  :laugh: If I had my time over again, I'd probably pick Red over White next time. Whilst I love the white (when it's clean), there are just too many damned MK7's near me in White, but very few Red's and those I do see look very nice indeed.

Mine's not looking too smart at the moment (from the back at least) - it'll be getting repaired in the new year, and the other side still haven't responded with their version of events (and never reported it in the first place). I have to agree with your comments about white MK7s and white cars in general - there are so many of them out there, i'm trying to put a bit of colour back on the roads with my choices.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2014, 09:48 »
Hi David. Great spec, and good advice here about the winter pack.

Red GTD's are indeed rare, but do look rather marvelous in the flesh!

Offline David Cook

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2014, 10:39 »
Thanks for all the input.

I've decided red not had a red car for ages. It also just feels right to have the GTD in red.

So I've dropped the winter pack and added rear view camera.

Also what are the benefits of the nav pro over the discovery version?  Is it worth the extra £800?