Author Topic: Fuel additivies. Do you think its worth it?  (Read 6557 times)

Offline mk2_cookie

• Just got here
Fuel additivies. Do you think its worth it?
« on: 08 May 2019, 11:52 »
So ordering some parts to give my new baby her first service with me and was wondering.

Has anyone had experience with fuel additives and cleaners?
What is your opinion on them and should I bother?

Thanks! :grin:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Fuel additivies. Do you think its worth it?
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2019, 14:28 »
It depends how much you use it. Modern super unleaded goes off quite quickly, so they need regular fresh fuel in them. If you have an early car with a metal fuel tank, condensation can form and the precisely machined metal parts of the fuel injection system don't take too kindly to the moisture if they are left sitting for long periods. Wurth fuel cure is good for laid up cars.

Some injector cleaner is good to use as part of every service tho'. One dose in no more that 20 litres of fuel to give it a good strong mix.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mk2_cookie

• Just got here
Re: Fuel additivies. Do you think its worth it?
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2019, 15:26 »
It depends how much you use it. Modern super unleaded goes off quite quickly, so they need regular fresh fuel in them. If you have an early car with a metal fuel tank, condensation can form and the precisely machined metal parts of the fuel injection system don't take too kindly to the moisture if they are left sitting for long periods. Wurth fuel cure is good for laid up cars.

Some injector cleaner is good to use as part of every service tho'. One dose in no more that 20 litres of fuel to give it a good strong mix.

Thanks Dubber36, seems your the only one replying to my posts :laugh: I will direct message you next time!