Author Topic: Clubsport 40 value  (Read 18836 times)

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport 40 value
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2020, 22:34 »
Hey guys. I’m in the market for one of these, I think. I’ve been around the houses but back to wanting one. Very few and far between of course, and I know the spec I want. Trouble is, the  only one that almost fits the bill is nearly £30k. In my head I was only wanting to spend £25k, tops. But I guess if it holds it’s value well perhaps I can spend a bit more...

Problem then is you start looking at what else £30k buys... arrrrgh!!!

What spec are you looking for?!

I can see 2 very high spec with low miles for £26999...

I’d like:

DCC
Pan roof
DSG
Buckets
Dynaudio
18’s

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2020, 22:57 »
Hey guys. I’m in the market for one of these, I think. I’ve been around the houses but back to wanting one. Very few and far between of course, and I know the spec I want. Trouble is, the  only one that almost fits the bill is nearly £30k. In my head I was only wanting to spend £25k, tops. But I guess if it holds it’s value well perhaps I can spend a bit more...

Problem then is you start looking at what else £30k buys... arrrrgh!!!

What spec are you looking for?!

I can see 2 very high spec with low miles for £26999...

I’d like:

DCC
Pan roof
DSG
Buckets
Dynaudio
18’s

Silver one on autotrader for £27k . Only thing don’t have is 18s but has the nice 19s. But wheels easy to change. Has all the other things you want.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2020, 22:59 by r600_clubsport »
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2020, 23:01 »
245PS, are you a member of the Clubsport Facebook group?
A wanted ad on there would yield results I’m sure.

Last year Clubsports weren’t fetching great money and I saw a few change hands for around £21K. These cars are about.
Conversely I had a mad moment and part exchanged mine for a TCR last October, mine was a fairly basic spec manual 5 door with Pretorias and the dealership sold mine within a very short space of time advertised at £28k (albeit it was very low mileage and absolutely mint condition).

There is/was one up for sale privately fairly local to me (a member on here) But it’s quite highly modified and manual. I’m assuming you’re after a high spec standard car?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2020, 23:23 »
245PS, are you a member of the Clubsport Facebook group?
A wanted ad on there would yield results I’m sure.

Last year Clubsports weren’t fetching great money and I saw a few change hands for around £21K. These cars are about.
Conversely I had a mad moment and part exchanged mine for a TCR last October, mine was a fairly basic spec manual 5 door with Pretorias and the dealership sold mine within a very short space of time advertised at £28k (albeit it was very low mileage and absolutely mint condition).

There is/was one up for sale privately fairly local to me (a member on here) But it’s quite highly modified and manual. I’m assuming you’re after a high spec standard car?

Ive found in last 6 months CS’s are seeming to become popular now? Quite few people trying to get one
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2020, 07:30 »
I follow CS & CSS prices closely, price wise, they seem very spec dependent, other than the usual factors of mileage, condition, fsh, etc which affect all GTi's.

Now they are around 3 years old, having come off of lease deals, I have seen a couple of £20k cars with close to 50k miles and basic spec.

I was keen on a CSS, but didn't need a third 2 seater, so bought a CS in the closest spec to a CSS as I could find.

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2020, 08:13 »
Cheers guys for the comments so far.

Is there an online vin decoder that still works does anyone know of? Want to check full spec on one.

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2020, 08:28 »
I was keen on a CSS, but didn't need a third 2 seater, so bought a CS in the closest spec to a CSS as I could find.

What spec makes it like the CSS? Sorry, I’m not up on these but keen to learn!

Also, how easy are the buckets to operate? I will often have my kids in the car so this could impact on my 3 versus 5 door choice.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2020, 09:33 »
30k is a lot of money for a 3 year old Golf that has marginal increase in performance over a standard Mk7.

It's a Golf ffs.

A Mk7.5 R is probably less money.

A CSS is a different beast, that does have some rarity value and a brief place in history - assuming a stripped out track car is what you actually can live with.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2020, 09:54 »
CS edition 40 is a limited production model to celebrate 40 years of the GTI. You seem to know the specification well. Production was limited to 1000 units supplied to the UK. Not sure quite how many landed here , I think someone posted previously around 650?

CSS is a spin off version, 400 built and 150 of those sold in the UK. It’s a two seater with zero options in terms of specification, you could choose to lose the aircon and there were 3 colour options. Buckets are standard. From the drivers seat it’s the same as a CS ED40 with buckets.

Engine has more power (golf R 310 map) DCC and Pretoria wheels are standard, suspension revision to improve track performance but still useable on the road in fact it received glowing reviews. BasicAlly it has more negative camber at the front and a slightly stiffer rear end. Held to Nurburgring lap record in its class for a number years. Do a Google search for more info.

Regarding buckets with 3 door or 5 door. 3 door is a pain in the arse if I am being honest and that’s with two teenagers. Basically the seat position does not slide automatically when Tilting the front seat back to access the back seats and you have to manually slide the seat and the angle of tilt is also small. If you have young children with car seats that you need to change get a 5 door and if you have toddlers the shiny black reads of the seats will not look good unless you take their shoes off. But I love the seats but you lose practicality.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2020, 10:04 »
Thanks Paul