Author Topic: Finally some decent DSG shifters...  (Read 8485 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Finally some decent DSG shifters...
« Reply #30 on: 17 April 2020, 09:21 »
S2T paddles for the win, IMO.

They look 100% OEM, and are a top quality product...

https://www.s2tpp.com/VW.html

:smiley:

I bought some S2T’s for the TCR.
They are beautiful to behold. Really well executed.

Only trouble is I still haven’t got round to fitting them  :grin:

Have you been using the paddles? I tried them once and wasn't all that bothered.

No, I don’t bother with the paddles, that’s why I never got round to fitting the S2T’s.
I should probably make the effort to use them but I’m usually wafting about in D with my brain in Neutral.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 17 April 2020, 09:55 »

Have you been using the paddles? I tried them once and wasn't all that bothered.

No, I don’t bother with the paddles, that’s why I never got round to fitting the S2T’s.
I should probably make the effort to use them but I’m usually wafting about in D with my brain in Neutral.

:grin:, me too! I've barely even used sport on the DSG, with the traffic around here there's few opportunities to test the car :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 17 April 2020, 10:52 »

:grin:, me too! I've barely even used sport on the DSG, with the traffic around here there's few opportunities to test the car :rolleyes:

Most of my commute is twisty B roads stuck behind old people attempting MPG marathons in their microcars, or choked solid with camper-vans in summer. There’s one good stretch of wide road that’s all of three quarters of a mile which has traffic lights and a 50mph limit.
I think that’s why up! GTI’s have always held much appeal to me and I’d love a used one as a second car but unfortunately I have no money and my son has a nasty habit of kerbing alloys too  :angry: (he shares my other car as he’s on crap wages and saving to buy a house)

When I used to live on the outskirts of the city I’d occasionally take my GTI/R for a spin after work when I was on night shifts to stretch its legs and wind me down after a night in the office.   
Now I have nice roads to drive home on every day but not somewhere I can get up to any speed, and since moving a few miles down the road to the coast all I want to do is retire now!! Well and truly had enough of work.

The only time I use Sport is briefly for pulling out of junctions or onto fast roundabouts in traffic as recommended by Ryan and a few others in my TCR thread.
I’m just getting old and boring I think. Proof of which is I found a grey eyebrow hair today! Soon plucked that f****r out  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Nick-ST

• Just got here
« Reply #33 on: 24 May 2020, 15:28 »
Has anyone got a recommendation for pair of extensions that have the solid look rather than the gaps in the metal? Don't want to be paying £200 for a set either  :laugh:

Offline gordz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 24 May 2020, 17:40 »
These are the ones I went for...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DQKS692/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_DiQYEbC8HR18S

I'm very impressed with the quality considering the price! I use the paddles a lot as I have a lovely twisty country road to work, and car feels even more special flicking the aluminium paddles compared to the plastic OEM ones! Been using for a few months now and still as solid as day 1 of installing. Can't recommend them enough!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 24 May 2020, 17:50 »
Have a look on ebay or aliexpress for some shifter bargains.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2020, 23:08 »
Has anyone got a recommendation for pair of extensions that have the solid look rather than the gaps in the metal? Don't want to be paying £200 for a set either  :laugh:

I’ve got a set of solid S2T B2’s in GTI steering wheel matching silver that I’d sell for less than half the price they are new...

(Can’t see me ever getting round to fitting them)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2020, 12:08 »

I’ve got a set of solid S2T B2’s in GTI steering wheel matching silver that I’d sell for less than half the price they are new...

That'll be a real bargain for someone! Shame you haven't fitted them, I still don't use mine much but they look great! Surely it's worth the 5 minutes for some steering wheel candy? Are you not feeling the love for your TCR?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Nick-ST

• Just got here
« Reply #39 on: 25 May 2020, 12:27 »

Have you got any photos of them and how much are you looking for?