Author Topic: MY20 Order - Latest Updates  (Read 25712 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: MY20 Order - Latest Updates
« Reply #60 on: 15 May 2020, 14:51 »
I saw a MK8 parked outside a house last week as I was driving home from the supermarket. Didn't have time to get a proper look though.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline owthlitt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 15 May 2020, 15:13 »
Car dealers can be fully open on 1st June but some are just doing car handovers or delivery etc. The brand manager I've spoken to has said if my car is delivered to the dealership this month then I'll have it this month. Dealerships will be desperate to get cars to customers.

I spoke with my dealership and they will formulate a plan from next month. I have the complication of living in England but having ordered in Wales (my company offered a discount with that dealership branch). Fingers crossed there will be approval to pick up next month!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #62 on: 15 May 2020, 19:08 »
I saw a MK8 parked outside a house last week as I was driving home from the supermarket. Didn't have time to get a proper look though.

Probably just as well or you’d have been sick! 🤮
Just to prove their sense of humour the Germans even seem to have sent most of the showroom cars to the UK in a shade of sick colour...

Back on topic (almost) one of my local dealers has been advertising this week that they’re slowly catching up with opening up all aspects of the dealership again including delivering new (and used) cars. I’m sure all dealerships will be doing likewise.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 16 May 2020, 11:52 »
Well would you believe it. Just had an update text saying car now left factory and in transit. I can't remember if that means it's on a ship or waiting port side with its best hat and coat on ticket in hand.

That’s good news for you! What spec did you go for in the end, it’s been that long can’t remember?!
thanks Jim, went for climate screen, DCC, Dynaudio and pure grey. First time I haven't had nav pro.

Sounds nice...  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline solano

• Not said much yet
« Reply #64 on: 21 May 2020, 16:34 »
Does anybody have information if VW are going to build "confirmed" models ?

I live in Eastern Europe, and I have ordered a Golf GTI PP on the 10th of February. It got "confirmed" status and was supposed to be built on week 13, but the Factory in Zwickau (Golfs sold in my market are built in Zwickau, Germany, not sure what is the case for UK golfs) closed at the end of week 12... It reopened on the 26th of April, and was supposed to resume production where it has stopped, but my dealer said no golfs for Build Week 13 were built yet.

I have a feeling something is going on there and it won't be built at all. I can't image a whole production line to not be working for almost a whole month now in a reopened factory.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #65 on: 21 May 2020, 19:18 »
My week 12 TCR has been built and just waiting to be shipped. UK golfs are built at Wolfsburg.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline solano

• Not said much yet
« Reply #66 on: 27 May 2020, 21:20 »
I'm wondering if the issue is only with the Zwickau plant. Does anyone here have a gti that was supposed to be build on week 13 and onwards, and has already been built?

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 29 May 2020, 09:43 »
My week 12 TCR has been built and just waiting to be shipped. UK golfs are built at Wolfsburg.

Excellent news, nearly there!

I have just crept to 4000 miles as been able to get out and about more recently, always loved to drive, but getting the TCR moving down some nice A and B roads that know has been good therapy.

However its not the worst think that your car has sat on other side of the channel as my expected mileage about now would be 6000 -7000 miles, and its been sitting duck for target practice by the many birds that are so active this time of year (live in an area with lots of trees, hard to avoid them when park) - The TCR is for driving so you would have found it more frustrating to having it, but only really being able to look at it out of the window.

4000 miles in, the Akrapovic is making some nice noises, it's lost that early days stiffness and is really light and responsive and definitely the favourite of all cars driven, its a joy to drive, has all the day to day capability, but has a really nice playful side with the responsiveness, power and lightness (in relation to the R)

The stealthy grey/black and additional trim has you walking up to it with admiration, get so many looks when out and about.

Few of us shared our TCR experiences and looking forward to you sharing in yours soon :)

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 29 May 2020, 09:56 »
Well would you believe it. Just had an update text saying car now left factory and in transit. I can't remember if that means it's on a ship or waiting port side with its best hat and coat on ticket in hand.

That’s good news for you! What spec did you go for in the end, it’s been that long can’t remember?!
thanks Jim, went for climate screen, DCC, Dynaudio and pure grey. First time I haven't had nav pro.

Was a reluctant convert to the digital display but total convert now and the maps work really well in the driver display with the media display complimenting the map with large direction graphic and table of the next 5 manoeuvres - The media unit in the MK 7.5 is so much better than the MK 7, much sharper graphics and on the NAV the input is now really intuitive.

Have Apple Play but find myself just simply bluetooth my music from phone, BBC Sounds, Deezer etc, all just bluetooth over, - you will have to manually go find some PNG photos for station images on DAB, but just search high quality one on phone and connect cable, the media unit is able to give you you phone menu where you drill down to where images are stored (Iphone 7)

The standard media and NAV is so good that hopefully you not miss the PRO, and though I think standard speakers are good, the dynaudio will give the media experience a good lift to.

Only used the climate screen on handful of occassions, but works brilliantly, not just for clearing a frosted screen but clearing condensation, at the price, well worth it. Also, in certain light it gives a really nice bronzed privacy effect as look at it from exterior (not noticeable at all internally, totally clear.

Mine was Reifnitz DCC Climate Screen & 90% Tint - Was not sure on the tint? too much? but grey is so great with black contrast that the 90% just adds to the presence.

Anyway, excited for you, look forward to your updates when receive.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #69 on: 29 May 2020, 11:47 »
Just had another text update this morning. It's now at 5b which is either allocated a shipping slot or on its way to the port. Last update was a fortnight ago which said left the factory.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.