Author Topic: the_stink - goes like stink?  (Read 17906 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
the_stink - goes like stink?
« on: 11 February 2009, 13:42 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: the_stink - goes like stink?
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2009, 14:47 »
 :grin: Nice one JV

Well though as I have now started to do bits here and there only right i started a project thread!

When i first bought my mkiv 1.8T wasnt going to do anything at all with it, but as we all know once you get chatting to a few people see what they have done or are doing you get an itch that Rich and Rhyso are happy to help scratch!  :wink:

So here is the Ride when I first got it all standard 1 owner and 25k on the clock

Soon after the Dub bug had kicked in started to do some subtle changes so first was removingthe rear badges and changing the front and rear chrome VW badges for black ones

After a while and seeing what others had done colour coding the rear i decided to do the same

At the same time I felt handy with the spray can so it done the engine cover as well

Will be re-spraying the cover soon to brighten it up again!

Now after much reading I took it upon myself to do the DSG R32 intake upgrade, as some may have read what a bloody mare that was !!! I think I may have put others off doing this due to my experience in fitting it lol

Here is the larger intake against the standard one

And so the fun began!!

Now it took me around 3 months to get this fitted, after numerous attemps and getting so far I would get stuck, not be able to remove the front tray and generally spent my afternoons swearing bloody murder and gettign quite fustrated. At the time there were no real write ups on the subject only 'My mate fitted mine' which didnt really help. But I persisted and I finally got the front tray out!! what a momentus day it was!! Cut my hand up a treat but I didnt care!

Onwards with the changes!

Next up was the stainless steel foot rest and door sills

Again being The_stink had my usual fun on not being able to screw the damn footrest in, but with my trust tube of 'No more Nails' that little Bar steward was in :)

Some time had passed and it was time to upgrade the Bosh DV for the trust Forge 007p

Managed to get a nice Black one off ebay and at a good price!

Another small change was the smoked side repeaters

After talking to a friend of mine he kept going on how a good set of wheels makes the car, so as I was having a casual look on ebay came across these Audi S8 wheels, impulse took over and they were bought!

along with some poorboys wheel sealant

Im yet to get tyres but at the end of march after many months sat in my room they will be going on!!!
Along with that I also have a Boost Gauge in my from from SWG motor sport just need to get some cash for the Air vent Pod and I can get that installed as well.

Now after feelign a bit flush I decided it was about time to sort out the ride height, I wanted to keep the ride comfort but also have it lower at the same time. Eibach springs FTW as many have said so a few clicks later and a set were on thier way to my front door

Off to my mate Toms to get the springs fitted

Now I wanted to change the front end of the car and had seen a few Golfs with black bars and colour coded surround, so thought id give it a try, on ebay got a front grill, when it arrived got to work on it

I wanted the Black badge to stand out a bit more on the front so colour coded behind the badge at the same time :)

Makes it stand out from the crowd a bit more

Now i got bored of the rear badge and after re-readign the Sharan badge mod decide to do this, and colour code it black at the same time

Now most recently as of Tuesday 10/02/09 I have a visit from Nick and Ben at R-tech  :grin: :grin: :grin:
best mod so far the car is now just stupid quick and makes me want to drive 24/7

Now the Golf really does 'Go like Stink'  :grin: From what Nick has siad with my AUM lump / KO3s Turbo and the things I have done to the engine so far should make 210BHP easy  :evil:

Thats as far as I have got over the past year next on the list are:

Forge TIP
VR6/G60 flywheel/Cluch
Miltek exhaust

Im sure there will be others to come just need to find the time and money  :smiley:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2009, 09:19 »
Just a quick update

Should have some new wing mirrors coming through thanks to Josho who has been really helpfull and ordered me some primered wing mirror covers from a VW breakers near him.

Once I get the word, can pay Josho and have them sent here and then get them sprayed up Satin Black as well should tie in with the front and and make it look more complete, did give the lower grills on the bumper a couple of layers of Satin black just makes them look alot better instead of the tired looking black plastic which is nearly grey!

In two weeks can  get the Cambelt / Water pumpdone and get that out the way! Then a Service, by which point I should finally have the £££ to get some rubber for the S8's, fingers crossed nothing will pop up and steal the money for the tyres lol  :wink:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2009, 17:17 »
Some good news if you havent already read in the Mkiv section

But my bonus im gettign from work at the end of FEB is goign to be enought to get the Cambelt/waterpump and TYRES for my wheels  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2009, 17:14 »
Further update after having my mate check my steerign out today looks like I may need a new steering rack!!

But i cheered my self up and bought some MKv GTI badges but got out bid on a front red one by 50p!! but roll on friday wheels are going on! :grin: :grin: :grin:

oh forgot to mention that im getting some areo wiper arms and blades for £40 nxt wk  :grin:
« Last Edit: 21 February 2009, 20:18 by the_stink »

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2009, 18:14 »
well these little bad boys came through the post today, ready for the wheels on friday, order the tyres tomorrow morning and jobs a gud un on friday, the dust caps also come with a little spanner so i can tighten then right up stop any scabby ass pikeys tryign to nick um

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #6 on: 27 February 2009, 17:18 »
Finally had my wheels fitted today!!  :grin:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #7 on: 02 March 2009, 09:42 »
On sat picked up my front Aero wiper kit got the whole lot for £40 so was happy with that, fitted and also gave my engine cover a much needed fresh lick of paint

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2009, 23:49 »
So a little update,

Got the car booked in for a service on friday where they will tell me I need my Cambelt/waterpump done, which i knwo just need £££ to do it :P

but also should find out whats wrong with my steering as it doesnt feel right so hopefully not to expensive to fix famous last words!!!

My Number plate surrounds arrived today which was safe, sent my docs of to dubmeister as well so my pressed plates shoudl be here soon!!!

But the biggie is those Tornado Red anni valances!!! Thanks to Ivor for pointing them out just hope i can do a deal and get them  :smiley: woudl save me sprayign my standard valances as i was going to!

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2009, 15:21 »
Car had its service today, few things they mentioned mainly gettign the Cambelt done which i am in the process or sorting! But also looks liek I need a new steering rack well gay!!

but

My pressed plates from Dubmeister came today :)