Author Topic: New car dealer mistake  (Read 7583 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: New car dealer mistake
« Reply #20 on: 24 September 2017, 17:24 »
That's very frustrating and disappointing, especially with a brand new car.

But better safe than sorry.
7.5 GTD

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #21 on: 24 September 2017, 21:15 »
What a cok up...chances are, if they have received the replacement keys already, they'll wait a couple of days, then phone you to say that the locks have been changed...you drive away never being sure that anything was done at all.

Good luck!
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 25 September 2017, 09:27 »
How is it even possible to lock the keys in the car?

If they have got the replacement keys then go and check the car unlocks with the key blade. Tell them you will keep the key until the locks are changed and then you can check that the locks were actually changed.

If they've nothing to hide then they will agree.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 25 September 2017, 09:44 »
Folks may remember similar happened to my R back in May. The car arrived at pound in shipping mode, went to prep and couldn't make either set work even tried to re code. Ended up having to get 2 correct steps for that chassis sent from Germany took around 5/7 days.
But lost? no way 2 sets get lost after they have prepared car for collection.
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 25 September 2017, 10:10 »
I think I'd be rejecting car, not sure I want my new car taken apart to fit new locks. Think of the rattles they'll introduce!

I'd ask for the dealer to provide a loan car until a new car can be shipped.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 25 September 2017, 10:15 »
I think I'd be rejecting car, not sure I want my new car taken apart to fit new locks. Think of the rattles they'll introduce!

That's a very glass half empty view, just think of all the rattles they could fix whilst it's apart! :laugh: :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 25 September 2017, 10:19 »

That's a very glass half empty view, just think of all the rattles they could fix whilst it's apart! :laugh: :whistle:

This is true, but things never quite go back together the same as when they they are built from scratch do they... there is always a bolt or two left over....  :grin:
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 25 September 2017, 10:43 »

This is true, but things never quite go back together the same as when they they are built from scratch do they... there is always a bolt or two left over....  :grin:

Another good point, weight saving!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 25 September 2017, 13:04 »

I'd ask for the dealer to provide a loan car until a new car can be shipped.

I'd be likewise to be honest.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #29 on: 25 September 2017, 20:45 »
Exactly!! The contract you signed has not been met...go for a new one, or find another dealer. Been there, done that...not VW in that case, but it worked for me.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.