Author Topic: Newbie saying hi.  (Read 2189 times)

Offline dougle_turbo

• Just got here
Newbie saying hi.
« on: 07 March 2017, 17:03 »
Hi all,

I'm currently looking at ordering a new Golf R, to replace our Hyundai I10 and B7 RS4.....or I might just bin the Hyundai and keep the RS4!  :evil:

Would be interested to hear from people who have ordered through VW and those who have used either carwow or Nationwide cars. I can't quite believe the discounts these guys are offering over what VW have quoted me.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Newbie saying hi.
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2017, 17:34 »
Welcome...

Yeh bin the Hyundai keep the RS4 and order a R...

Yes carwow and DTD seem to be very popular when buying new nower days which is know surprise considering the discounts on offer.

There's been a few threads recently discussing said companies so have a mooch through some.

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline dougle_turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2017, 17:53 »
Thanks! Not sure I can justify 700odd HP on the drive!

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2017, 19:00 »
I used Carwow last year, very straight forward, contacted the dealer that had lowest price, paid deposit, picked up car two days later, couldn't be better. Some people get prices from Carwow, DTD, etc then go to other dealers to get them to compete, which seems good, but if the practice carries on the dealers that offer good discounts via Carwow etc will lose business and customers will end up paying higher prices. Mate of mine also recently got a new Golf R with £7K discount.
*One thing to be mindful of, check if they have the cars in stock.

Offline dougle_turbo

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2017, 08:05 »
Thanks for the advice Zak,

The best offer thats come back to me at the moment is from Nationwide cars. Has anyone used or know anyone that has used them?
« Last Edit: 09 March 2017, 10:44 by dougle_turbo »

Offline Zack

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2017, 09:47 »
Have a look at VWROC maybe someone on there has.