Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626893 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #340 on: 28 April 2013, 20:04 »
This

Red looks so good when cleaned up doesn't it, good job there.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #341 on: 28 April 2013, 20:35 »
Cleaned it again today, and also took out the rubber mats I use in winter and put them away.  The inside was full of stones and bits of greenery, so I gave it a good hoovering.  It looks somewhat more presentable inside now.  Optimum No Rinse worked wonders yet again on the outside.  It wouldn't have been too bad on the outside, but the rain we seem to be having recently is rather dirty - brown spots everywhere.

I seriously need to consider getting the bonnet resprayed.  It's a terrible mess.  There are a couple of chips on the front bumper as well, and one of them is showing white where the paint is missing.  Unfortunately my usual body shop is no longer in business (went into liquidation last year), so I will probably end up going to one of the VW body shops (I've used them before and they did a very good job).

I am also pondering the purchase of four Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres to replace the hateful Potenzas I have on at the moment.  They are horribly noisy from all four corners.  Looks like it might be an expensive couple of months (but well worth it).

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #342 on: 28 April 2013, 20:49 »
Cleaned it again today, and also took out the rubber mats I use in winter and put them away.  The inside was full of stones and bits of greenery, so I gave it a good hoovering.  It looks somewhat more presentable inside now.  Optimum No Rinse worked wonders yet again on the outside.  It wouldn't have been too bad on the outside, but the rain we seem to be having recently is rather dirty - brown spots everywhere.

I've noticed that too.  When it rains it looks as if car has been sprayed with rust.  Also loads of dust in air, no sooner has it been cleaned, it's covered in a layer of the stuff  :angry:

And to think we are constantly breathing all this cr@p in!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Captain caveman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #343 on: 29 April 2013, 16:20 »
Gave the car a good polish and wax and also treated her to a new tax disc holder :D

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #344 on: 30 April 2013, 21:29 »
Parked it in works car park and came back at end of day to find a big scratch on the rear wing.  Looks like some careless sod has brushed past it with a buckle or similar....grrr   :angry:
« Last Edit: 30 April 2013, 21:31 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #345 on: 30 April 2013, 22:09 »
Parked it in works car park and came back at end of day to find a big scratch on the rear wing.  Looks like some careless sod has brushed past it with a buckle or similar....grrr   :angry:
sorry to hear that booth11 hope it polishes out
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #346 on: 30 April 2013, 22:15 »
i let my wife drive it, a rare event and a weird experience seeing your own car in the rear view mirror and then trying to keep up with it

when she flawed the thing it did make some nice noises and looked good in the corners

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #347 on: 01 May 2013, 07:12 »
i let my wife drive it, a rare event and a weird experience seeing your own car in the rear view mirror and then trying to keep up with her

Ours is my wife's car and she hates me driving it  :shocked:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #348 on: 01 May 2013, 09:18 »

Very annoying, hope you get it sorted...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #349 on: 01 May 2013, 22:39 »
sorry to hear that booth11 hope it polishes out

Very annoying, hope you get it sorted...

Actually it's worse than I thought  :sad: 

On closer inspection, noticed there is also a long cm wide scuff mark running across full width of boot which joins up with the scratch on the side  :cry:

As I've got to get a body shop quote for a small dent in wheel arch, where some other t*sser went into me a while ago, I'll get them to quote for sorting the scuffs out too.  Me thinks it's gonna be an expensive month!

« Last Edit: 01 May 2013, 22:50 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual