Author Topic: Got some strange noises going on. MK2  (Read 4160 times)

Offline GolfG2016

• Just got here
Got some strange noises going on. MK2
« on: 30 November 2016, 06:43 »
Hello Golf Forum and experts!!

Great to be on here, i have a slight problem and i'm hoping you guys will know what it is/might be. I know the MK2 is an old girl but she has done me well for many years. My farther gave her to me as a Birthday present just before i passed my test and after a little love and just about every Golf part from the link below that is buy-able, i got her fixed up and road legal again.

http://www.easyprices.com/

So the other day i went to work as usual with no obvious problems on the way home i started to realize the front end was slightly shaking as i was pulling off, especially on a hill. Then as the days have gone on it has just gotten worse and worse, now it is a shudder/shake every time i pull off. I am not the great at mechanics so i can't even guess what it could be apart from the front end is about to fall off. Any help would be awesome and maybe a little advice on what i could check to look for problems would be a bonus!!
Looking forward to speaking to everyone and hopefully fixing this!!!

Thanks everyone
« Last Edit: 03 December 2016, 04:31 by GolfG2016 »

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: Got some strange noises going on. MK2
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2016, 07:41 »
Is it just while you're setting off? While you're using the clutch? Etc.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2016, 11:40 »
Clutch. Driveshaft. Front bearing.
Sounds more like driveshaft. Be inner cv joint. Could be as simple as the bolts working loose on the driveshaft

Offline GolfG2016

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2016, 03:10 »
Its just as i am pulling off at the moment i haven't tried putting my foot down to see what happens then, i like my golf in 1 piece haha. I will get her jacked up with a more mechanical friend and see if there are any bolts missing off the drivetrain. I will be back shortly guys !!

Thanks

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2016, 07:02 »
Also check the engine/gearbox mounts. Im sure its going to be driveshaft related as it sounds reallu similer to my problem i had.
I had to swap shaft in the end as the inner cv took all the splines of the shaft that hold it there.

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2016, 00:06 »
I 2nd the lemski :grin:. if it's that bad then the problem will be quite apparent.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #6 on: 04 December 2016, 08:12 »
I 2nd the lemski :grin:. if it's that bad then the problem will be quite apparent.
I should have had my name as the lemski  :laugh: