Author Topic: Traffic Jam Assist  (Read 7206 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Traffic Jam Assist
« Reply #10 on: 24 March 2019, 16:00 »
Yeah TJA will steer (using lane assist) and stop/go under 35mph.... with lots of caveats of course!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline jdc0907

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 25 March 2019, 11:13 »
is it possible to have TJA retrofitted on a MY19?

I picked mine up Saturday, it was a bit of an impulse buy (I was planning on waiting another 6-12mo) but given the 10% brexit increase and the current deals from VW I had my arm twisted whilst my Polo BlueGT was in for its MOT!
Current: GTI Mk7.5 PP MY19
Previous: Polo BlueGT MY16

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 25 March 2019, 11:51 »

I picked mine up Saturday, it was a bit of an impulse buy (I was planning on waiting another 6-12mo) but given the 10% brexit increase and the current deals from VW I had my arm twisted whilst my Polo BlueGT was in for its MOT!

Without going all political - there is no current 10% ‘Brexit increase’. It’s been delayed and there’s a reasonable chance it may never happen. The 10% only comes into play if there’s no deal (which Parliament have already rejected) and if we impose the 10% tariff on car imports - the government has indicated 95% of goods where tariffs would apply will be set to 0% in the event of no deal - even if the EU doesn’t reciprocate. In short, don’t worry about the ten percent because it’s about as likely as seeing the Mk8 being released next week. Otherwise - enjoy your car. Great choice.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 25 March 2019, 13:31 »

I don't think so.

Assuming that you already have lane assist then you probably have the hardware, its the software component you need, but its not one of the things that has dealer activation possible (like voice control or AppConnect).

Technically possible, likely, I'd say no.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline jdc0907

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2019, 13:44 »

Without going all political - there is no current 10% ‘Brexit increase’. It’s been delayed and there’s a reasonable chance it may never happen. The 10% only comes into play if there’s no deal (which Parliament have already rejected) and if we impose the 10% tariff on car imports - the government has indicated 95% of goods where tariffs would apply will be set to 0% in the event of no deal - even if the EU doesn’t reciprocate. In short, don’t worry about the ten percent because it’s about as likely as seeing the Mk8 being released next week. Otherwise - enjoy your car. Great choice.

Well that’s good to know for the future - I’m not all that clued up on politics but had read it was a possible scenario. I think I was subconsciously looking for excuses for why I brought my old car in for an MOT and came out with a new Golf GTI :grin:
Current: GTI Mk7.5 PP MY19
Previous: Polo BlueGT MY16

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2019, 15:55 »

I don't think so.

Assuming that you already have lane assist then you probably have the hardware, its the software component you need, but its not one of the things that has dealer activation possible (like voice control or AppConnect).

Technically possible, likely, I'd say no.
you sure, if you got a wise dealer they may do it for you, I think you’ll find it’ll cost about £300, or if you know someone with VCP then they can flash the firmware to have it (I say flash the firmware as it’s not a vcds/obdeleven mod as it goes deaper than they can)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2019, 16:23 »
Yes of course you could load firmware... but I seem to remember VW have all sorts of protection on that that needs VW factory authorisation codes to be generated (keying the software to your car's serial number) and VW themselves have a policy of not providing that for any vehicles that weren't shipped from the factory with feature sets enabled...

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2019, 17:19 »

This is for Audi but it has been done in a golf.

https://www.ascoding.ch/en/activate-traffic-jam-assist-tja/
« Last Edit: 25 March 2019, 17:37 by Ado »
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 25 March 2019, 17:29 »
Yes of course you could load firmware... but I seem to remember VW have all sorts of protection on that that needs VW factory authorisation codes to be generated (keying the software to your car's serial number) and VW themselves have a policy of not providing that for any vehicles that weren't shipped from the factory with feature sets enabled...
i don’t mean load a firmware but load a parameter into the firmware with vcp, it’s been done all over the world with no problems, just didnt wanna go into it more on here,
Not sure that TJA works, I can’t try as I already have it in mine

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 25 March 2019, 19:10 »
Interesting...