Author Topic: REVO ECU software for 245PP  (Read 9994 times)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: REVO ECU software for 245PP
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2019, 12:37 »
I wonder if it has anything to do with the new petrol particle filter.

Not necessarilly; my 18 plate is a 245 FL PP and that doesn't have the PPF.
[/quote]

It will do. All 7.5 PP models have the GPF. If you can get a picture of underneath of your car or whatever it can be pointed out.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2019, 13:06 »
The power graphs on the REVO page look good, plenty of strong useable mid range power.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2019, 13:39 »
If you look at the Mk7 GTI ones, apart from peak power from 4.5k upwards, there isn't much between the various stages of tune (1-3).

Makes you wonder if (for everyday driving) it's worth going more than stage 1? although you could say from that, is it worth going for stage 1 at all?

BTW, I'm not anti tuning - had a tuning box on mine for a while and my previous car was tuned too.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 28 February 2019, 14:05 »
If you look at the Mk7 GTI ones, apart from peak power from 4.5k upwards, there isn't much between the various stages of tune (1-3).

Makes you wonder if (for everyday driving) it's worth going more than stage 1? although you could say from that, is it worth going for stage 1 at all?

BTW, I'm not anti tuning - had a tuning box on mine for a while and my previous car was tuned too.

I’ve had literally a dozen or more stage 1 maps on my cars going back 20 years plus and have never seen the point of going beyond stage 1 for a road car.
The extra mid range boost makes for a much more satisfying drive if you don’t have a chocolate clutch.
However this latest generation of GTI and R engines have so much torque you don’t really need anything more if just using it for road use.
That doesn’t stop a stage 1 being a ‘nice to have’ feature though!
Some people get lots of pleasure sinking thousands into modifying but you very much do have a law of vastly diminishing returns once past stage 1.

I ran a JB1 on my R which was fun but impossible to use more than around two thirds of the Rev range without getting into silly speeds. Fine if you live somewhere where that’s not a problem!
My Clubsport I’ve left standard and is more fun in that state of tune. Never thought I’d hear myself say that!

The mk4,5,6 GTI’s really benefitted from stage 1 as the power delivery was as flat as a three day old roadkill. That extra torque and power hump was much needed.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2019, 16:03 »
I can’t say I’m champing at the bit for Stage1, doesn’t feel like it needs it - although it’d be fun in the right circumstances.
'18 245PP DSG

Offline Dunc245

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2019, 20:09 »
I wonder if it has anything to do with the new petrol particle filter.

Not necessarilly; my 18 plate is a 245 FL PP and that doesn't have the PPF.

It will do. All 7.5 PP models have the GPF. If you can get a picture of underneath of your car or whatever it can be pointed out.
[/quote]

Oh, I thought mine didn't as the dealer said so (I know, I know...), and mine was built before the break in production to get them WHLTP certified. so assumed it didn't have one. Oh well, schoolday... :smiley:
GTI PP 245; Atlantic Blue, Art Velours, Climate windscreen, KSS, genuine 18" Black Pretoria.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2019, 20:09 »
So who’s having it done first?
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2019, 20:27 »
I think Exonian sums it up very well. I'm in no rush to go stage 1 but I will be doing it at some point.

BTW, when did remaps become so expensive. The first remap I had done was only £200.

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2019, 22:18 »
I'd probably go for a DSG map too, so that's adding more  :grin:

Anyone got a new version of ETKA to confirm my different turbo theory?
'18 245PP DSG

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 01 March 2019, 10:01 »
The power graphs on the REVO page look good, plenty of strong useable mid range power.
I'm VERY tempted by this, now my engine is loosening up I think the mid-range could do with some more shove once on the move, and judging by those graphs this seems to deliver exactly where it's needed, plus it evens out the lumps & bumps of the standard map.

I'd probably go for a DSG map too, so that's adding more  :grin:
From what I've read (but not had confirmed) is the 7.5 PP box doesn't need mapping. The box used is apparently the same one found in the Audi S3 and Golf R which in turn might be the same one used further up the ladder in the RS3, so can withstand significantly more torque than's being put through it. A friend of mine has had his 7.5 Golf R mapped and we discussed box mapping when I was considering an R, here's what he said:

"I chose APR for the Golf R as tried & trusted for VAG cars. Used Revolution in Newcastle for the actual work as they are close friends. Now as of last week at Stage 2 Hi-Torque with a good few mechanical upgrades, so around 420ish bhp & about the same lbsft. APR haven’t yet launched their DSG tune for the newer 7spd box. Isn’t required even at Stage 2 as the new box is significantly stronger with a much higher torque rating than the 6spd..

Stage 1 will get you to around 380-390bhp & 390-400lbsft without hardware changes, although still advisable to get the Turbo piping upgraded (inlet pipe & Turbo elbow etc.) That’s about £220 for the 3 pipes. Not sure if it’s exactly the same box as the RS3, but does ring a bell. APR themselves state the DSG doesn’t need mapping until you head to Stage 3 which is new turbos & 500+bhp."

So if the box in the GTI is the same as the R, I would be confident that it doesn't need mapping.

It would be great to find out for sure though as I'm really tempted by this. £600 is a good price to get this level of transformation.

Anybody with EKTA able to confirm if the box and turbo on the 7.5 PP is the same the R?

:smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.