Author Topic: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )  (Read 10149 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Potential new Golf GTI 7.5 PP ( coming from a VWR32 mark 4 )
« Reply #40 on: 14 March 2019, 19:42 »

Not sure on the standard audio of the cat as I haven't got the dynaudio based on the car I have arriving soon.

Those that have Dynaudio swear by it but I find the standard system ok. If you live in your car then you’ll want the best system but for general use the standard audio is fine. The tyres are quite noisy and the exhaust burbles on acceleration so the listening environment is hardly sound lab quality to start with!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 15 March 2019, 12:55 »
Thanks Exonian

I'm not expecting any wow factor with the standard stereo system. Just lookilooking forward to playing music from my usb stick. Are there any issues with album art being displayed on screen when the song /album is played . All my music is on windows media player not apple?

Thanks again

Offline jdc0907

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 25 March 2019, 16:43 »
Thanks Exonian

I'm not expecting any wow factor with the standard stereo system. Just lookilooking forward to playing music from my usb stick. Are there any issues with album art being displayed on screen when the song /album is played . All my music is on windows media player not apple?

Thanks again

On my previous VW media system (2016 Polo) I occasionally had issues with the album artwork not showing up, even though it was attached to the file. I have had absolutely no issues (artwork is there every time) with my 2019 Golf so I expect there were some bugs/errors which have been resolved once the later models
Current: GTI Mk7.5 PP MY19
Previous: Polo BlueGT MY16

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
So after 2 months of ownership and just over a 1000 miles of use on my 3 door Black manual GTI

issues so far

1. Steering wheel not straight but rectified by VW by taking the wheel off and recentering ( this was annoying me for 400 miles ) from new

2. Have noticed a small minor paint imperfection on the drivers quarter panel ( looks like a small ding ) but on closer inspection it looks like the clear coat has a defect despite the paintwork being smooth. In the daylight with sun shining on the car the defect isnt noticeable. When the weather Is dull ( no sunlight ) it looks like a small ding in the paintwork?  Took it to the VW bodshop they had a look polished it slightly but its still there? not sure if more wet sanding is needed?

The car drives great ( I don't have dcc )
Petrol consumption ( over 30mpg ) Over 40 mpg on the moterways
Driving ECO a lot of the time
Pictures to follow

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Don't drive eco...

If you don't have DSG it does this:

Turns down the aircon
Turns off the cornering lights
Makes the throttle dead

That is it.

You will save about 1mpg over long term, maybe not even that.

Stick it back in normal.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Don't drive eco...

If you don't have DSG it does this:

Turns down the aircon
Turns off the cornering lights
Makes the throttle dead

That is it.

You will save about 1mpg over long term, maybe not even that.

Stick it back in normal.

I was thinking don't buy a GTI and only drive in Eco! The economy will be amazing anyway compared to your Mk4 R32!!

There was an Mk5 R32 out on the organised drive a few weeks back and must admit, looked very cool and sounded so good.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
Thanks Fred

Will change it to Normal, I don't get to blast it round to much due to other drivers and being cautious, will bear that in mind,

thanks

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
So after 2 months of ownership and just over a 1000 miles of use on my 3 door Black manual GTI

issues so far

1. Steering wheel not straight but rectified by VW by taking the wheel off and recentering ( this was annoying me for 400 miles ) from new

2. Have noticed a small minor paint imperfection on the drivers quarter panel ( looks like a small ding ) but on closer inspection it looks like the clear coat has a defect despite the paintwork being smooth. In the daylight with sun shining on the car the defect isnt noticeable. When the weather Is dull ( no sunlight ) it looks like a small ding in the paintwork?  Took it to the VW bodshop they had a look polished it slightly but its still there? not sure if more wet sanding is needed?

The car drives great ( I don't have dcc )
Petrol consumption ( over 30mpg ) Over 40 mpg on the moterways
Driving ECO a lot of the time
Pictures to follow

Good to see you’re enjoying the car.

The paint issue is bound to be exacerbated by being black which shows every imperfection. Hopefully that can be sorted. 

As above, Eco a complete waste of time.
Shove everything in Sport except the Soundaktor which can be kept in Eco (quiet and less annoying) mode via ‘Individual’ profile.
Add a pedalbox and you’ll have throttle responses akin to the R32, better performance and it’ll still average high 30’s in normal mixed use.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
Thanks for the advice Exonian

The drive is brilliant and very comfortable. I'm getting the paint defect looked at again by another bodyshop and take it from there. Black not being the best color to keep clean but will keep up the cleaning schedule every 2 to 3 weeks.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #49 on: 10 August 2019, 11:03 »
Well after 2000 miles of ownership Im still enjoying the car, a relay joy to drive

1. Averaging 30-40mpg on a 7 mile run ( mainly high 30's on an early morning less traffic about )

2. Car seems to get dirtier only after 3 days of a wash, but on average washing once a month

I had a paint issue on the drivers quarter panel which looked like a spot (pimple) but couldnt be felt with your hand or finger, originally I took it to A VW bodyshop to be examined they went over with a machine polisher twice but still wouldnt move, I called VW about this and they recommended me another one of their bodyshops and the advisor told me it could be a dent or High point ? I was a bit confused at 1st as I said I cant feel anything present on the surface. So finally this week had a PDR person technician have a look at this and he manged to fix it in 20 minutes !! Car looks excellent now and all it needs is a good machine polish / correction and protection which I was holding back on. I dont understand why the paintshop at VW didnt identify the "high spot" dent in the 1st place.

3. Emergency SOS signal on dashboard fixed ( New aerial base unit fitted on warrranty )