Author Topic: Cheap hid conversions  (Read 4898 times)

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Cheap hid conversions
« Reply #50 on: 31 May 2007, 09:06 »
Like LEN405 i too have the Hella Twin headlights, they are fantastic but i still envy the HIDs that all higher-end cars have.  Has anyone here had their Hella Twins converted to HIDs and if so, was it easy?

I totally lost interest in this when the guy selling them said they are no good for flashing! Now think about it, how often do you flash your lights?
And remember guys when you flash ALL bulbs light up!
So I dont care how fantastic these things are, I will be sticking with my Hellas!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Scooterist007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #51 on: 24 June 2007, 17:10 »
len your a stubon ole sod!!  :grin: if you flash hids, they will not blow! there are no filaments in hids, the have zenon gas and are ignited by a high voltage ballast and then they burn which makes them light up, they last longer than halogens because there are no filaments to burn out, the only downside to hids regarding flashing is, that they dont reach full brightness straight away, but not seconds, more like milliseconds, but if your flashing someone, it isnt that important that it isnt at full brightness! the fact that hids were only put on luxury cars is a reason, and the reason is the light output they give, and now they are coming down in price, means that they are being fitted to regular cars, even fords are having them fitted to new cars!! now if they are soooo bad as you say, why the bloody hell are all these manufacturers fitting them??

To other people, if you buy a kit, just make sure that they legal ie are ce or e approved, and then you will have no problems with the law and the mot tester! and when you fit them, you will then realise how good they are and why I am bleating on about them so much!  :tongue:
I have got them on my laguna, but cos I hate my laguna, I am selling it and getting another vw, and I will miss the hids so will be retro fitting a set!

Offline Dave-iow

• Here all the time
« Reply #52 on: 26 June 2007, 07:42 »
so what kits have pepole bought and how where they to fit to stanadard headlights ???

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #53 on: 26 June 2007, 12:56 »
Not being stubborn! If you care to go look at the reply the seller gave me about headlight flashing then you will see that its not recommended!

The thread is in the Deals and Discounts Section.

Plus there is a delay! So wahts the point?
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk