Author Topic: BBS RXII's  (Read 8653 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: BBS RXII's
« Reply #20 on: 26 February 2009, 18:07 »
will do peeps. once i got the 1.8t in and running and sorted, and the body/paint work is done, then i will give them another proper go. going to try to heat the rims up to get the snapped bolts out. this is the main prob.

thanks for the interest :)

Have you tried an engineering shop and have them drill them out.

no, im not paying for that to be done, as i dont need them, they are just lying around.

i did have a thread somewhere i think, when i was asking for help with them.

cheers though wayned :afro:

Offline tim145tim

• Here all the time
  • 1997 GOLF GTi 16v ANNIVERSARY Mystic Blue Pearl
« Reply #21 on: 26 February 2009, 22:08 »
Hi Mate

I bought my anniv when the wheels had just been re-furbed in a nice pearl black...

Look really nice when clean and theyve certainly grown on me! The cars in the for sale section if anyone is interested!...

Offline bobbito

• GTI forum regular
  • Hammer and Chisel Engineering
« Reply #22 on: 27 February 2009, 23:40 »
I found if you hammer a small enough socket (one you don't need or care about) on to whats left of the thread, then it should come out when undone with the ratchet.

VW BUSH

« Reply #23 on: 28 February 2009, 19:47 »
will do peeps. once i got the 1.8t in and running and sorted, and the body/paint work is done, then i will give them another proper go. going to try to heat the rims up to get the snapped bolts out. this is the main prob.

Try left hand drill +WD40 :wink:

Offline LostBok

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 28 February 2009, 22:19 »
the black/silver contrast looks okay, but I LOVE the cleaner look of the refurbed ones.... d@mm!t I need to get my sorry wheels redone!
LOSTBOK
Audi A4(B6): 2.5TDi Quattro Sport: Factory fitted Xenons, BOSE, and full sports leather "Soul Black / Titanium".
Mods: All OEM: S-Line bodykit, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Audi R8 FBMFSW, SDS-High voice control, full DIS, cruise control, Aero wiper mod.
In progress: 5 x OEM S4/Ronal 'Avus' 18's & 235/45ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-R (bah! wheels delayed until WC 27-JUL-09)
Researching: Colour DIS, Freeview and DAB tuner with iPodvid/PSP/AV in for the RNS-E.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #25 on: 01 March 2009, 00:12 »

Try left hand drill +WD40 :wink:

cheers bud, bolts are titanium though and dont drill that easily. i need to try HEAT and lots of it. if that doesnt work then i guess i'll sell them. tbh, i cba with them anymore!

VW BUSH

« Reply #26 on: 01 March 2009, 00:26 »
LH drill is just to snatch em out, but by all means heat em and try it.
If you aint got desent lh drills then try a small Masonry bit with LH cutting edge ground on, i do it all the time at work.
Give em a bang with a ctr punch first :wink:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #27 on: 01 March 2009, 00:29 »
LH drill is just to snatch em out, but by all means heat em and try it.
If you aint got desent lh drills then try a small Masonry bit with LH cutting edge ground on, i do it all the time at work.
Give em a bang with a ctr punch first :wink:

ahh i see, sounds like another idea to try. its harder than it sounds, them bolts are solid! although they snapped easy enough :angry:

VW BUSH

« Reply #28 on: 01 March 2009, 00:54 »
Trick is to use the correct grade seal/lock compound and not to overtighten in the first place, hindsight engineering lol.
 :wink: