Author Topic: popleyruss - mk2 vr6  (Read 20404 times)

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
Re: popleyruss - mk2 vr6
« Reply #40 on: 17 June 2011, 11:52 »
Well I sold my new engine and I pulled my old engine out and sold that

My mate rice avenge a play

Anyway well I've got 3 choices really as there all readily avalible r32
20v turbo or another vr6 if I go for another vr6 I'm gonna make sure I put a late obd2 in as there easyer to map as I would be hopefully gonna turbo it late next year :)
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 01 October 2011, 13:27 »
Well I haven't updated this for ages not alot has been done really as money's been tight and working 14 hour days and spending time with the kids has killed me
Well anyway I painted the engine bay as it was shocking in the original colour and the new colour (lazy painter) whoever it was

My mate Adam helping out

Then some paint on just satin black but looks pretty good and very happy with the finish with rattle cans glad i used to graffitti when I was younger lol

Decided to paint up all my subframe

The lower arms will be replaced at a later date as there ok for now

Had an awesome day with the mrs at my cousins wedding
Never been to anything like it in my life 12k for just the fireworks
Me and the wife

A few pics of how it's been sat for a while

We had a BBQ in the mk1 carbq lol

And managed to fill the workshop up with smoke cheech and Chong style lol

I needed a new rear beam as mine had far too much rust on it for my like ing so I bought another car to strip and weigh in nice and cheap and fun lol

Bye bye gti

Right I'm in the middle of trying to swap my pedal box over and to be honest I'm stuck lol
I need help with the flattening and the drilling for the hydro clutch

Got all new hard pipe brake lines and rubber hoses but I hate making brake lines anyone local and wanna come do it for me ???????
Bought anover engine and box and full conversion as it was cheap and no doubt sumone will need bits or the whole lot
Also bought some audio scape door pods but not sure if I like em really so make me an offer for them if anyone's interested

And a quick pic of my cousins mk2 vr after a taxi decided to cut him him on a duel carriageway forcing him to swerve and lose control oh and the taxi driver didn't stop oh and mr 11 plate ocatvia vrs we do no where u live lol

Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 11 March 2012, 21:45 »
Haven't updated this in ages but seeing as I've been to ultimate dubs (first time) for me got a few ideas to add to my car and been building up a massive pile of parts for my project and also found that my subframe is slightly twisted

Last time I ever trust an idiot with a simple task

Anyway decided to put a new subframe in it as I have a spare and 2 new lower arms noughts polybushes for the whole front almost apart from anti role bar bushes so far
Gonna build it up ready for engine to come out and go back in
Well I wanna delete sum stuff out the bay now and also relocate the washer bottle as managed to get a boot mounted one :)

I see today a few power steering bottles had been relocated so also want to do this as I hate the mk2 and the Corrado options that I have

Also gonna extend the loom and hide it hopefully and generally tidy my bay as its rank

Oh and I bought a fire and I've interior :)

My little Megan having a seat

Also my mate turnt up the other night at the workshop  in a sl63 6.3 v8 merc was brand new and holy crap was awesome
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/popleyruss/33519746.mp4
Just plain dubbin

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 11 March 2012, 21:47 »
Havent updated this in ages but try to over the next few days
Just plain dubbin

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 15 March 2012, 15:14 »
Arn't you back on this proper now mate? Thought you were getting cracking on it.

Offline popleyruss

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 16 March 2012, 15:03 »
Just getting all the last bits now then cracking on with it mate been working stupid amount of hours at work and with the workshop move I still haven't had a chance to finish the little things like paint the floor in the workshop Also need I build a cabinet for the sink
Just plain dubbin