Author Topic: davegolfturbo - "GT2X hybrid build thread"  (Read 19531 times)

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
Re: davegolfturbo - "GT2X hybrid build thread"
« Reply #20 on: 29 November 2009, 22:07 »
NEW FUEL PUMP

Yes more money I had to buy a brand new fuel pump from the leon cupra r (225) this was a 4 bar fuel pump and would supply more pressure! I also bought a 4 bar pressure regulator.

Once again the car was ready to go………

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 29 November 2009, 22:08 »
SECOND SESSION - CUSTOM MAP

Arrived once again at Chip Wizards, this time for the car to be right - hopefully!!!

He managed to get 299.3 bhp and 317 ft/lb torque with limited 1.5 bar boost! from my GT2x hybrid!

After the rebuild the turbo was pushing 1.75 bar boost. this was because the housing had been bored out and bigger internals put in to correct the original problem, so this effectively made it a bigger turbo! when i went the second time to wayne he turned the boost down and it was pushing 317bhp at 1.6 bar boost so god knows what it was pushing with 1.75!!! but wayne been sensible said that i dont want to keep it like that because the turbo would blow up so i agreed and we settled for less power but more reliability!

I have plenty of vids, pics and rolling road print outs of my car on the rollers so when i have time i will upload a few.

its been a long, hard, tiring but rewarding challenge but im now glad its all sorted and im happy with how the car is (until the clutch goes or turbo blows or something along those lines lol!) so time to sit back and enjoy the power!

Hope you enjoyed reading my build thread, it has taken me the best part of 3 hrs to write it all up….and I excuse any bad punctuality or spelling mistakes!  Im sure I have missed a few bits so I will try to ‘modify’ it as I remember!

Thanks for reading Dave.

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 29 November 2009, 22:16 »
here are a few random pics of my golf...

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 30 November 2009, 13:48 »
thanks for the positive feedback good to know what people think I've got a few more plans in the near future including a full faux leather re trim for the roof and pillars! its all done just waiting to go back in

thanks, dave.

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 01 December 2009, 00:15 »
hey mate, thanks....i did originally have a 'miltek' system which was the r32 system, however before mapping my car to get the full potential i neeeded a more 'free flowing exhaust' miltek only rated the r32 exhaust they did at 200bhp the reason for this is, where the pipe goes from 1 to 2 (Y) the way it is designed it is very restrictive. basically how the miltek split into two was withing the rear box and went back on itself this caused a lot of trapped gases in the exhaust meaning it was not free flowing enough for the 300bhp! also another reason was the miltek exhaust had started to corrode. i admit it sounded sweet but seriously no where near as nice as the pipeworx system! he really does know his stuff and to be fair to him is good at what he does. in my opinion it is one of the best mods i have bought for my car i will upload some videos of the exhaust sound, i have never heard another mk4 1.8t sound the same tbh.

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 07 December 2009, 23:46 »
after spending a lot of money with the gt2x setup ive not done much recently..however i ahve now just finished my most recent 'mod' and i am really pleased with how it has turned out! i dont think or at least havent heard of anyone doing it yet but i have re trimmed all my roof lining in black leather along with the a.b and c pillars, it really has transformed the interior and has a much better feel to it now. i will get some pics up when i canupload them all :)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #26 on: 29 December 2009, 22:38 »
Hiya mate sorry to reply in your thread i know were not suppose to but was just wondering where you got your Wot Box from? And did you install it yourself? Do you think its a worthwile mod?

Cheers

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 10 January 2010, 21:23 »
hey mate no worries sorry not replied for a while...it depends what you are wanting fromt he WOT BOX the intitial purpose of the device is to stop as much lag between gears with a big turbo... the secondry use fromt he device is called two step which is a form of launch control, down the 1/4 mile you can expect a gain of around 1second which in a 1/4 is a fair bit! also depending on your cars setup it may make a loud bang like mine ;) have you seen the videos from awsome gti r/r day the other month?

going back to my build thread i will be uploading all the pics from my latest mod which was the full roof lining re trim alogn with the pillars!

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2010, 23:10 »
thought i would update my build thread as i have not done so in a while and promised to get these pictures put up.....

firstly me and my mate started to strip the car from all the parts which held the roof off, eventually the roof then became free and we were able to remove it..

the roof slid out from the back of the car

here is a picture of the car without the roof lining.

that was the easy part....

next was re trimming the roof with my chosen leather lining. to make sure the fabric did not sag and fit perfectly like the original i used some high temp spray adhesive (which is used in bathrooms to put up with temperatures and the wet) and bought stretchy fabric.

before and after pic

after 30+ hours of custom work...

the next part to the project was spraying the plastic handles and sun visors....

re fitting the boost gauge and AFR gauge in the roof lining...

and finally after a few days hard work time and effort the finished product! :)

hope everyone likes the new mod i have done to my car. i think it completely transforms the interior and was one of the missing things my car needed!

Offline davegolfturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2010, 23:13 »
sorry about the poor quality photos of the roof project, they were done on a mobile phone and probably whilst i was covered in glue!  :grin:

new update - just ordered some camber shims today so should get them on wednesday and i will set to fitting them at the weekend! time to get lower!!  :laugh: :smiley: