Author Topic: big_vw_ash - jazz blue 1.8T  (Read 6246 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
big_vw_ash - jazz blue 1.8T
« on: 10 March 2009, 10:30 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
Re: big_vw_ash - jazz blue 1.8T
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2009, 13:02 »
cheers jv,

well first off i brought my mk4 about a month ago and it is bog standard which was exactly what i wanted  :grin: atleast then i know its not been messed with.

this is how it stands atm

i have a big list of plans for the car over the next 12 months which i will list later.

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2009, 19:54 »
right well 2day has been a good day  :grin: before i tell you why i'll quickly update on whats going on with the golf. last week i ordered some hottuning coilovers and they came the next day!!!  :shocked: .   i had some free time before work when they came and went to fit them but they didnt fit the hubs asgood as hoped so i sold them and now am waiting for some FK's to turn up  :cool: . i have debadged the boot and removed the rear wiper to give it a nice smooth look.

well back to 2day  :wink: i seen a nice mk4 drive past me and it had some old merc wheels which i thought looked nice so i went on ebay to see if i could find any to show my mate, while looking for those i stumbled across some gorgous cl 500 wheels so as the advert stated a phone number i thought i'd give him a call and see how much he wanted for them ( i was expecting him to say he wanted around 1k for them but he didnt even want half that). so i drove straight to his and picked them up  :grin: i wasnt expecting to buy wheels anytime soon but i could not buy these as they look soo good on the mk4's.

and here they are (i'll be getting them refurbished in a couple of weeks depending on work)

hopefuly i'll have them on the car next month, below is what they look like on mk4

« Last Edit: 15 March 2009, 20:05 by big_vw_ash »

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2009, 18:41 »
quick update -  i recived my fk coilovers the other day so i got straight onto the job of fitting them  :grin:

so i decided to do my fronts first to see if they fit better than the hottuning ones i had, and yes they sliped in very nicely  :smug:
luckily i had a friend to help with the rears as i would have been stuck for ages  :grin:

just want to quickly say to anyone whos buying the hottuning coilovers that yes there cheap but there not a very good fit compared to others on the market for a few more notes.

heres a few pics  :cool:

before

after

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2009, 18:44 »
just to add aswel that i get my wheels back tomorrow from the refurbishers  :grin: god i cant wait!!!! i'll put some pics up of them tomorrow

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2009, 14:19 »
just got the phone call now and im off to pick my wheels up  :evil:

will also be ordering my adapter kit and tyres 2day so i have me wheels on for gti next sunday  :wink:

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2009, 17:51 »
just got home now after picking up my wheels from pristine refurbishers and im well happy with the look  :grin:

what you think???

Offline big_vw_ash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2009, 12:51 »
well a quick update on things that has been going on with the car.

after a long hard think i decided to sell my merc sl600 alloys because i wasnt sure if they were what i wanted in the end :cry:
after being up for sale for a couple of weeks and getting silly offers i decided to just put the wheels back on and keep them  :grin:
the best decision i made  :wink:. the only other things ive done to the car is change the grill for a black one and painted the badge jazz blue the same as the car.

i think i may leave the car as it is atm and start saving for some tuning parts  :cool: