Author Topic: the_stink - goes like stink?  (Read 17904 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: the_stink - goes like stink?
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2009, 10:22 »
My wing mirror covers came today, so giving them the satin black treatment to tie in with the front end,

Nasty black plastic look  :grin:

Keyed up with 1200 w/d and first layer of primer

now i found it annoying spraying one side ley it dry then turn it over only to have little scuff marks on the other side so i fashined som little hooks out of a coat hanger

now a nice even coverage without the marks ;)

« Last Edit: 07 March 2009, 12:16 by the_stink »

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2009, 14:46 »
well my black rear view mirror arrived on the wk end so poped that on and now its doesnt stand out liek a sore thumb on the windscreen!! will get some pics up soon,

But will be gettign a Miltek Catback anni style exhaust at last!! been waiting ages for the right time to do the exhaust upgrade and for £280 cant go wrong, just need to source me a rear anni valance and jobs a good un, roll on the end of march!!!

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2009, 14:48 »
Just an update,

Put a £60 deposit on my miltek exhaust today  :grin: and might even be able to strech to a set of Collies Weitec as wellbut will need to do the ARB so not sure if ill ahve enough £££ but heading in the right direction

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2009, 13:45 »
Wentover to my mate toms today so he could change the cambelt and water pump took about two hours just glad its all done now! water pump with metal impelar fitted :wink: he didnt have time to do the rear bushes so going to book it in with vee w services to get that done this wk will put some pics up asap, also going to get teh boot recess smothed over as some little bar steward nicked m rear badge and cant be arsed with spraing up another just for it to be pinched

« Last Edit: 12 April 2009, 09:54 by the_stink »

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #14 on: 20 April 2009, 22:10 »
At Last!! My anni valance with the cut out came today, tried to find one for ages then bought a diesel anni valance at first, which didnt have the cut out. I then spoke to the guy who sold me it only to tell me that he had one with the cut out!! so had to send the one i had back and finally they sent me this, its booked into the body shop next week and is going tornado red along with the front valance then the following week will have the Anni style Miltek nos res Catback exhaust fitted sou should look and sound alot better  :wink:

« Last Edit: 23 April 2009, 16:01 by the_stink »

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #15 on: 23 April 2009, 16:03 »
Just managed to source these £60

its not the whole clocks but the surrounds/dials /needles

saves the hassle of having to reprogram the clocks etc just a swap over of whats already there  :smiley:

also got a stubby ariel on the way too, next thing is to get the air vent pod from SWG so i can finally fit my boost gauge !

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2009, 22:43 »
So today sorted out the problem with the fuse box thing on top of the battery changed it out with one i got from the breakers for £23 and also got round to fixing my door handle  :grin:

Now the battery cover doesnt fit due to the part being slightly different in design, the main thing is it does the job and the car runs!! think ill mod the batt cover a little to fit

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #17 on: 01 May 2009, 00:29 »
Picked up my car today after having left it with the garage on monday and not working lol, all that got sorted and i had my front valance smoothed and sprayed and had my rear anni valance sprayed and fitted, gettign the miltek next week so the hole will be filled nicely  :wink:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #18 on: 11 May 2009, 11:02 »
Got a txt from our Ma nice big boxed arrived today aka my Miltek exhaust so goign round my mates tonight to get that fitted!!

Also picked up this SFS TIP £50 delivered bargin  :grin:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2009, 23:28 »
Went round Toms after work and he fitted my Non Res Miltek Exhaust  :grin:  :evil:

Man what a difference in sound got a nice deep purr sounds like its actually got some balls now!! Cant wait for it to bed in properly!!