Author Topic: Idea for Dub Projects section  (Read 5191 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Idea for Dub Projects section
« on: 09 December 2007, 10:21 »
I noticed that all the topics in the Dub Projects section are locked. Is it possible to make a child board for each of the guys that post there so that we can comment on the projects? I just feel that they are taking the effort to post up their projects and Im sure they would appreciate it if we were able to comment; make suggestions or even give ideas.

I agree you dont want the actual topic crowded with comments etc so a section to one side where people can comment would be great.

JV? Mods. Is this possible?

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Mew

• I live here
Re: Idea for Dub Projects section
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2007, 14:26 »
They aren't locked for me. They used to be, but anyone has been able to reply for a while now.

As for the comments, i'd rather none were made in the actual project thread. I think the "dubrides" section was partly made to allow people to stick up pics and have other people comment on them.  :smiley:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2007, 15:30 »
really. still locked for me..... or maybe i should check again. although would it not be nice for every project thread to have its own child board where people can comment?

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2007, 15:45 »
Possibly, but it would most probably require a hell of a lot of time for JV or any other admin to create them all and it would probably take up an unnecessary amount of space on the server i would imagine.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #4 on: 09 December 2007, 17:05 »
i believe its project section for owners only (hence locked) and then dubrides seperate so people can make comments.... :undecided:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2007, 19:40 »
It's a fair comment Mike. The idea was that we didn't want pages of 'junk' within each project thread, so it's kind of long term projects go in that section, more chilled stuff that you want feedback on goes in dub rides. It would take ages to sort out sub-boards so I don't think I am up for that! :)

Mew - they only aren't locked for you because you have a section in there - it was the simplest way to sort it. :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2007, 21:17 »
Mew - they only aren't locked for you because you have a section in there - it was the simplest way to sort it. :)

Ohhhh, i seeeeeeeeee  :smiley:

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2007, 05:17 »
just a thought... on my local car site we have the "projects" section and then people post up a thread in the car chat saying...

"this is my car in the project section, please add comments and opinions here" and put a link up to the actual project thread.. seems to work quite well..
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2007, 20:12 »
^^^^ there's nothing to stop people doing that at the moment.

ie my project section is just that, if i want opinions i'll post a link to it in the dub-rides section. no-one comments on my car anyway though! :laugh:
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Dinky

« Reply #9 on: 13 December 2007, 20:19 »
Is sumone after another compliment.. :wink:

Dinx :kiss: