Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626839 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2770 on: 19 November 2015, 12:01 »
Or BD05 TCD, (that is supposed to look like BOOSTED) as in stolen.

As in stolen?? that don't even make sense

Google it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline FBASH1R

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2771 on: 19 November 2015, 12:08 »
I didn't know putting a screw to make a c look like an e will mean your car is stolen...explain what you mean ?

Offline FBASH1R

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2772 on: 19 November 2015, 12:09 »
Theyve been behind me and seen it..nothings happened...yes its manipulated but ive seen some that are WAY more worse...and they still have theres on

As above, if you get a cop in a bad mood....fines coming your way. I hope your running at least stage 2, if not people might think "boosted"....to what....210bhp

:grin: :grin

firstly not everybody knows my car is running standard power...if I embarass someone in a faster car(which I have already done) to them they think my car is boosted....secondly I just recently bought the car and have other priorities where I need to be spending my money...just like you when you bought yours I will tune it once I have the funds...instead of grinning away how bout a compliment? I only saw a handful of people welcome me when I uploaded I'm a new owner ? you should know it's not about how much power your running...it's about how you drive with what power you have...I was actually going to just stay at stage 1 but now that your laughing at my car being standard I'm thinking about going stage 2.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2773 on: 19 November 2015, 12:23 »
I didn't know putting a screw to make a c look like an e will mean your car is stolen...explain what you mean ?

Google the 'Boosted' bit.

Don't feel hard done by either, just because you didn't get a big welcome. Many people only ever look at the sections to do with their own cars and never bother with the general areas.

Also if you post something on an open forum, you have to accept that some people may not like or agree with it. That's the whole point of forums. They are a place to discuss things and share views. Just because I think your number plate looks rubbish, doesn't mean I'm right or wrong, but there's no need to be offended by it or try and justify your choices to me.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2774 on: 19 November 2015, 13:06 »
Theyve been behind me and seen it..nothings happened...yes its manipulated but ive seen some that are WAY more worse...and they still have theres on

As above, if you get a cop in a bad mood....fines coming your way. I hope your running at least stage 2, if not people might think "boosted"....to what....210bhp

:grin: :grin

firstly not everybody knows my car is running standard power...if I embarass someone in a faster car(which I have already done) to them they think my car is boosted....secondly I just recently bought the car and have other priorities where I need to be spending my money...just like you when you bought yours I will tune it once I have the funds...instead of grinning away how bout a compliment? I only saw a handful of people welcome me when I uploaded I'm a new owner ? you should know it's not about how much power your running...it's about how you drive with what power you have...I was actually going to just stay at stage 1 but now that your laughing at my car being standard I'm thinking about going stage 2.

I was in no way laughing at your car mate, its look quality. I was just saying that if you have a plate saying "BOOSTED" you would generally expect the car to be running quite a high boost levels.

And also, Welcome to the forum  :smiley:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2775 on: 19 November 2015, 17:39 »
Tried and failed to install my new rear discs and pads. Got them out and discs all cleaned up with brake cleaner:

Love that on these Brembo discs the non-mating faces are already painted. Saves me a job!

Car jacked up, wheel off and calliper retaining bolts out. Slid the calliper off, got the pads out and then went to take off the calliper frame and was presented with this:

M14 splined bit needed and did I have one? Of course I didn't! Could have tried using a 3/8 extension bar but didn't want to strip it so had to put everything back together and drive down to local Halfrauds. By the time I got back it was tipping it down with rain so I left it for today. Off to stay with friends for a couple of days so hopefully Sunday's weather will be ok and I can get it done then. Anyway sure there's a lesson to be learnt here  :laugh: Which is that Halfords really need to put an M14 splined bit in their 200 piece socket set  :whistle:

If anyone wants to know what tools are needed for rear brake discs and pads then I'll be sure to make a list for them and save someone else the same mistake!

P.S Yes i have piston rewind tool before anyone asks  :tongue:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2776 on: 19 November 2015, 22:21 »
^^^^^ Had that problem my self mate. When i first got my old MK5 GTI i always watched videos for job in hand first, even if i thought i knew how to do it. You always end up picking up a tip or seeing an extra tool you might need.

Good luck on Sunday though  :smiley:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #2777 on: 21 November 2015, 11:14 »
Didnt realise you had to take the carrier off to get the discs on past it. I cannot remember taking  them off on mine off on the leon when i did it but i may have.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2015, 11:19 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2778 on: 23 November 2015, 22:32 »
Not today but last week. Sold it :(
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #2779 on: 24 November 2015, 13:10 »
I didn't do it and it wasn't today, but on Friday some sod backed into mine, and drove off. So next week I'll be a few hundred quid out of pocket. Money I needed for 4 new tyres and a service isn't far away either.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis