Author Topic: I Almost crashed my MK3 baby =( help needed!  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Nino

• I live here
Re: I Almost crashed my MK3 baby =( help needed!
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2010, 22:29 »
OK abit late but another Update now i really do need your help guys! :(

Took my Car up my friends garage and we where planning on changing my cable.. So we opened up the bonet and to my supprize we notice that my front engine mount is SNAPPED! not only that my friend touched my throttle bay and it was completely loose then he even managed to pull my entire throttle body off the top of my engine!  :cry:

What we think has happened is where my front engine mount had snapped it cause to much movement over on my throttle body and the Rubber sandwich plate snapped clean in half!  :huh: i also noticed that my rocker gasget had gone!  :cry:

alot of running around and stress later i managed to get hold of a new Sandwich plate & rocker gasget for under £50 i thought BARGIN! so i fitted the new parts, i unplugged all the bits from my throttle body etc then i notice that theres about 2 small pipes connected at the very back of the throttle body one is directly connected and the other is first connected to a small "L" shaped small bit of plastic which had also snapped  :cry: after a few hours of gluing and trying to fix it my friend said, That pipe is just some kind of air pipe thats not very important it leads to something in my wing?!?! so he blocked it up as we where not able to repair the damage to it.

Right then so we put all the car back together start her up and what do you know she started fine and im thinking at this point YES!!!!

but then the RPM raise to 2.500RPM and go up to about 3000 - 3.500 then drop back down to 2000RPM then it starts all over agian. Now we noticed that if i tap the Accelerator pedal to raise the RPM over say 4000 it then drops back down and stays at about 900 - 1000 RPM.

Also now and agian the RPM will raise without warning at all! While driving causing me to pull over and tap my pedal again to drop the RPM.

And.... my pedal is still stiff!! All the time! but the best way i can discribe it is, you know when your brakes feel spongey? id say it feels like that only for the 1st say 2cm the pedal is fine then it just feels like im pushing agiasnt the pedal like theres air pressure built up behind it or something, now if i go really slow on the pedal it wont cause any problems but if i push thoru the stiffness then my RPM gets caught up and raises up over 4000 RPM causing me to do the whole pulling over thing again  :cry:

Now my friend seems to think that when the original sandwhich plate had broken, it was leaking unfiltered air into the throttle body which in turn has caused damage to my Throttle body and he seems to think that if we replace my throttle body compeltely as in the whole unit then it ill fix the problem?!?

Do you guys think that is what could be causing this???? i mean would it really make my RPM this wild?? and my pedal so stiff????

Please give me your respondes on this im to the point where i dont know weather to use/keep my car anymore  :cry:
« Last Edit: 11 February 2010, 22:44 by GolfMk3owner »
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door