Author Topic: Pre R Tech Charitee Meet Night out (and morning snow) - PHOTOS !  (Read 10444 times)

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
oh well it was your loss and a BIG one at that

there wasnt ANY parking left come lunchtime, people were parking out on the road :afro:
got home, went to put the car in the garage and was thinking, shall i risk it or end up unlucky and loose my car and license, so i stayed in, played xbox  :angry:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
mate I am sorry to say this but

1, you were there your mate could have left , you could have stayed

2, no need to drive up and risk anything , see point 1

3,  carless wasnt a problem, there were 4 others in the same boat

4, age, not an issue

5, the cold, mmmmmmmmmm the rest managed

6, you  might have had to walk home  :rolleyes: but more likely than not you ould have been offered a lift by someone

So you missed out on a MASSIVE meet, all in a good cause, cos of YOU and only you.

Harsh maybe, but a lot of people made a huge effort and as you posted elsewhere you just were too lazy

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
Cant believe you got the village idiot up dancing   :laugh: :laugh:

Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
that piccie will haunt me  just a little bit less than the man himself  :lipsrsealed:

it wwas the second pub, oh yeah we know the guy you mean, he comes in here in a SKIRT  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
sorry chuff  :cry:
next meet i will definately be there, even if i hide in someones boot, my dad said he would drive down and leave my car with me if someone gave him a lift back, but it was about 3 by that time.
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
And, knowing the car park conditions, and the amount of Cherished motors in it, comments of coming down uninsured etc wont make you ANY friends on here  :lipsrsealed:

Offline vwade

• Not said much yet
i would of driven you home luke

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!

i'm not sure which is more awesome.. dan's expression or the t-shirt!

LOL! cheers Toph needless to say half of these pics i cant remember! :grin:

cookies f**ked :grin: :grin:

is that before or after he got into ALANS bed  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Rhyso locked me out! thats my excuse and im sticking to it! :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
sorry chuff  :cry:
next meet i will definately be there, even if i hide in someones boot, my dad said he would drive down and leave my car with me if someone gave him a lift back, but it was about 3 by that time.

listen fella... there is no need to keep making excuses.... you didn't make it even though you were 5 minutes walk away. fact. end of.

Nick, Jord and myself have all been having significant snow problems this week... it took me 4 HOURS to dig my car out today... and a further 2 helping to dig other peoples cars out. Nick STILL can't get his car out of his close, and Jord has purchased a 4x4 to help his rellies get about..

so there is 3 people who tried hard and couldn't make it... but would have loved to have been there - we were gutted that we couldn't make it

I was gutted with the weather as I was hoping to raise money with Nick as my sidekick cleaning cars today but my stuff is still frozen solid  :angry: nonetheless TONA are pleased to have made a small contribution to the tombola.

PLEASE stop making excuses for your absence... you were 5 mins walk away... I think most people could manage that.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
5 mins walk and you didn't manage it!