Author Topic: Mk 6 GTI Diverter Valve - Replacing?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
Mk 6 GTI Diverter Valve - Replacing?
« on: 15 June 2015, 11:01 »
So quick question I THINK my DV has gone, I was told about an oil leek last month when it went in for the MOT but the garage after cleaning the engine said they could not replicate the fault.

I have since had a look myself and there is oil on the DV and underneath it on the axle so it looks like it's gone.

So the question is do I pay VW to fix it probably £120 after I pay for diagnosis and parts or fit it myself costing £45?

I reckon I could do it but not sure if I should just pay the extra to get a mechanic to once everything over to make sure nothing else is wrong or is this a pretty standard repair and once it's replaced should be fine?

I don't mind paying the extra for proper maintenance but at the same time if it's just a waste then I'll save myself some money!
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline Gaz-M

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk 6 GTI Diverter Valve - Replacing?
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2015, 10:53 »
I doubt very much that your diverter valve is leaking oil.

There wouldnt really ever be much oil in the compressor housing and its unlikely that even if there was that it would leak via the diverter valve..

Id be looking elsewhere or getting it into a garage mate.

EDIT: bloody hell not much happens in here, just realised that was from June!!

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
Re: Mk 6 GTI Diverter Valve - Replacing?
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2015, 12:51 »
ha ha ha yeah forgot I had even wrote this.

Well I heard it COULD leak but since this I jacked it up and pulled it out myself all fine. Not sure where it's coming from but It's going in for it's service next week so will get them to have a look then.

Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house