Author Topic: VW Wolsey Ipswich and VW Solihull  (Read 1639 times)

Offline illyun

• I live here
VW Wolsey Ipswich and VW Solihull
« on: 11 November 2007, 08:16 »
My local delaer is Wolsey VW of Ipswich.  I first bought a new 06 plate GTI back in January 2006, then part exchanged my 56 plate R32 for an Edition 30 earlier this year in March.  In addition to this I have used them for servicing my cars - quite a few over the past 2 years, spare parts - again, quite a few.  They were ok - no even good - apart from a couple of rude comments when I asked why I should buy my first new car (06 GTI) from them rather than an importer - it was a genuine question and the guy wasn't too happy.  I still went ahead with the test drive and I think they were surprised when I went ahead and ordered one.  Anyway, cutting a long story short, I decided against ever purchasing a new vehicle from them again when in April this year the Sales Manager wanted to make a really stupid offer on my Ed30 that I had purchased from them when it was only 7 weeks old despite the fact I was ready to order another one. In the end I gave it into another dealer, Solihull VW who offered much more than Wolsey despite the fact that I did not commit to another purchase and was not a regular customer - first visit in fact - and my Ed30 purchase experience in September with Solihull has been very good - except for missing radio codes in the handbook which I have yet to contact them about   

Anyway, I have a Mk1 currently at VW Wolsey and went last Saturday to collect it.  I withdraw £300 from an ATM and thought it would be enought to cover the bill.  It wasn't.  I needed £108 more as they had done a lot of work and replaced a lot of things on it - with my permission of course - and I had underestimated the costs as Wolsey are always very reasonable.  What shocked me though was that the Service Manager there, Richard, offered to come in the next day - on his day off   - and hand over the car as I had told him that I was going to Jordan and would not be around for 1 week after that, but wanted to pay on Sunday if possible.  I was even more shocked when I turned up the next day to find that he had actually opened the whole showroom just for me.  I assumed that Wolsey VW like many other dealers I have been to opened on a Sunday.  They don't.  I'm surprised that I had never noticed this despite being a regular for 2 years - attention to detail isn't my forte unfortunately.  Anyway, it was quite a humbling experience to find that he had come in on a his day off and opened the showroom just for me - I felt like a right w8nk8r.  We sat there for an hour talking about motorbikes and cars...  Whatever damage was done by the Sales Manager back in April, was put right by Richard and just becuase of that I would consider them for a new car purchase again.  Only thing is, I don;t plan to buy a new car for years now 
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)