Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627385 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #470 on: 28 May 2013, 16:06 »
Other than yourself and your mechanic who actually see the caps who really cares what colour the washer caps are....I really don't get under bonnet cosmetic mods unless you're building a show car :huh:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #471 on: 28 May 2013, 17:03 »
Other than yourself and your mechanic who actually see the caps who really cares what colour the washer caps are....I really don't get under bonnet cosmetic mods unless you're building a show car :huh:

Because you know it's there, each to there own I guess...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #472 on: 28 May 2013, 17:16 »
Took it in for some minor repairs and wheel alignment this morning.  Received ominous call from body shop this afternoon.   

Whilst doing the wheel alignment, they saw that the front passenger tyre was very badly damaged on the inside. Further investigation revealed that the inside edge of the alloy was severely flattened.   

New wheel and tyre required  :cry:  On order.

Surprisingly the wheel alignment was only slightly out.

In the meantime, have the misfortune to be driving Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 courtesy car  :sick:
« Last Edit: 28 May 2013, 17:21 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #473 on: 28 May 2013, 17:37 »
Took it in for some minor repairs and wheel alignment this morning.  Received ominous call from body shop this afternoon.   

Whilst doing the wheel alignment, they saw that the front passenger tyre was very badly damaged on the inside. Further investigation revealed that the inside edge of the alloy was severely flattened.   

New wheel and tyre required  :cry:  On order.

Surprisingly the wheel alignment was only slightly out.

In the meantime, have the misfortune to be driving Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 courtesy car  :sick:

I feel for you !!!!

Not because of the wheel......Having to drive that god awful car. I have had 2 Corsa in the past, both nearly killed me with crazy mechanical faults

(one of them the steering wheel kept spinning - luckily doing 5mph at the time, and the second, the brake line and had no brakes going down a hill - I WILL NEVER BUY VAUXHALL AGAIN !!!!!)  Rant over  :laugh:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #474 on: 28 May 2013, 17:53 »

I feel for you !!!!

Not because of the wheel......Having to drive that god awful car. I have had 2 Corsa in the past, both nearly killed me with crazy mechanical faults

(one of them the steering wheel kept spinning - luckily doing 5mph at the time, and the second, the brake line and had no brakes going down a hill - I WILL NEVER BUY VAUXHALL AGAIN !!!!!)  Rant over  :laugh:

Haha  :laugh:

Yeah it's a god awful car.  It does not perform well in 1st or 2nd gear, and there's a strange grinding noise coming from somewhere!  Not good uphill either, thought I might have to get out and push it at one point.  Only consolation is it's got courtesy car sign written all over it, so at least no one will think I actually chosen to buy such a heap!

I once had a Corsa myself but that was a long time ago and I'd blocked it from my memory .....until now  :laugh:

Still, makes me appreciate the gti all the more.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #475 on: 28 May 2013, 18:30 »

Amen to that!

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #476 on: 28 May 2013, 19:08 »

The satisfaction when your sat on your sofa imagining your black caps must make you feel very happy :cool:

2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #477 on: 28 May 2013, 20:09 »
Just downloaded my bluefin to the car, wow it's turned in to a little monster now!!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #478 on: 28 May 2013, 20:47 »
dug the 35 GTI dice out and hung them off the rear grab handle

Lol! My neice and nephew brought me the cap and dice for my birthday last week. Thought they might look fun at inters on the dash and rear view mirror.

dice for the mirror but i reckon you should wear the 35 hat :)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #479 on: 28 May 2013, 20:52 »
dug the 35 GTI dice out and hung them off the rear grab handle

Lol! My neice and nephew brought me the cap and dice for my birthday last week. Thought they might look fun at inters on the dash and rear view mirror.

dice for the mirror but i reckon you should wear the 35 hat :)

With a lot of thought err NO! Tw@t in hat springs to mind!