Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627219 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #290 on: 18 April 2013, 08:01 »
I filled my car up the other day, reset the trip and drove home as economically as I could, following the lorries for just over 7 miles and averaged 94.6mpg  :laugh:

Needless to say, the next time I started to drive, that average plummeted, but now, 300 miles on and the average since filling up is 62.1mpg.  :smiley:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #291 on: 18 April 2013, 16:07 »
Parked it in the middle of the drive with the intention of snow-foaming it for the first time, only to be scuppered by a sudden onslaught of very high winds.   :huh:
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #292 on: 18 April 2013, 19:39 »
Parked it in the middle of the drive with the intention of snow-foaming it for the first time, only to be scuppered by a sudden onslaught of very high winds.   :huh:
ye I've wanted to do mine as well hopefully wind dies down for the weekend  :wink:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Adrena1in

• Not said much yet
« Reply #293 on: 18 April 2013, 19:55 »
ye I've wanted to do mine as well hopefully wind dies down for the weekend  :wink:
The wind'll die down...and it'll p*** down with rain I expect!!
2009 Golf GTD in Pearlescent Black.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #294 on: 18 April 2013, 20:58 »
Great MPG' but now ya need to clean ya dials  :grin:

Haha, yeah I know that's what a three year beast collects in its dash pods.

I filled my car up the other day, reset the trip and drove home as economically as I could, following the lorries for just over 7 miles and averaged 94.6mpg  :laugh:

Needless to say, the next time I started to drive, that average plummeted, but now, 300 miles on and the average since filling up is 62.1mpg.  :smiley:

Nice, its actually reasonably easy if you try hard and traffic is not too bad.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #295 on: 19 April 2013, 21:25 »

Need to see photographic evidence of you with wash mitt and snow foam lance in hand..........or we won't believe it ever happened  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #296 on: 19 April 2013, 21:33 »

Need to see photographic evidence of you with wash mitt and snow foam lance in hand..........or we won't believe it ever happened  :laugh:
[/quote photographic evidence to follow booth11 I think your really a copper always wanting evidence   :wink:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #297 on: 19 April 2013, 22:19 »
Gave it a clean and turned the boost up to 9 for a midlands hoon on Sunday

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #298 on: 20 April 2013, 10:21 »
Woken up in terror as I was dreaming that the gti was missing one of its tires  :laugh: Went out to check; everything in place.  F***ing weird!!!
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #299 on: 20 April 2013, 13:00 »
Washed, waxed and ready to take the good lady wife shopping in the sunshine  :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect