Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626852 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #260 on: 12 April 2013, 22:23 »
^^boys aren't much better either. My two either talk incessantly or make noise!!
looks like I'm gunna need ear defenders :grin:

My little girl calls my car "the posh car" and thinks my favourite colours are white & blue...she is correct on the latter tho..

.....and on the former  :smiley:

Amazing what effect a good wax can have.  Whilst running errands today, three total strangers have come up to me and complimented the car.  Makes the effort worth it!
good work booth11 my snow foam and lance turned up today so I can get rid I'm gunna say it sponge marks and hopefully I will get a compliment or two  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #261 on: 12 April 2013, 22:36 »
^^boys aren't much better either. My two either talk incessantly or make noise!!

My little girl calls my car "the posh car" and thinks my favourite colours are white & blue...she is correct on the latter tho..

Amazing what effect a good wax can have.  Whilst running errands today, three total strangers have come up to me and complimented the car.  Makes the effort worth it!
good work booth11 my snow foam and lance turned up today so I can get rid I'm gunna say it sponge marks and hopefully I will get a compliment or two  :laugh:

Don't do what I did the first time I ever snow foamed it - left front door ajar........... porch has never been cleaner  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #262 on: 12 April 2013, 22:48 »

Talking of total strangers - I went shopping the other day "you know as you do" and when I came back to the car a Black 6 TDI was parked next to me with the owner looking around my car and taking pics, he asked what model it was and asked what power it's kicking out...I naturally applied to the questions and he said "WOW I came but dream"

Just thort it was a lovely sentiment and just goes to show that you shud "appreciate what you've got" as others are less unfortunate...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #263 on: 12 April 2013, 23:12 »
Does put a smile on your face and make the effort worthwhile when you get a compliment

Been using mine for work and transpires one of of the guys in our department is a proper VW nut for last 20 years and said it had made him want to get back into the scene, he also got the irony of TSWs  :wink:

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #264 on: 13 April 2013, 07:34 »
Just thort it was a lovely sentiment and just goes to show that you shud "appreciate what you've got" as others are less unfortunate...

You are very 'unfortunate' having to manage with the diesel version of the GTi  :smug:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #265 on: 13 April 2013, 08:54 »

You are very 'unfortunate' having to manage with the diesel version of the GTi  :smug:

:laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Jules Winfield

« Reply #266 on: 13 April 2013, 17:50 »
Went to the garage this morning to get my winter wheels/tyres (VW Aspen alloys + Continental TS 830s) taken off and my summer (Seattle Shadows) set put on.  It (60 plate GTD) looks so much nicer with the proper alloys on.  Whilst I was watching the swap take place, another customer sidled up to me and asked me what I thought of my car and whether I was happy with it, also remarking how much he liked it.  It is impossible to express adequately just how much I like my car, but I managed to tell him that it was great and I was very happy with it.  He then volunteered that he was thinking of buying one.  "The new one?" I asked.  He replied, that, he was thinking about the Mark 6, as he preferred the shape.  He then talked to another customer about how I'd have to clean my wheels once I got home as if I wasn't there and in due course, the pair of them got bored looking at my car and wandered outside where they continued talking (hopefully not about me/my car).

After paying £20 for the swap (I gave them a tip as I was feeling generous) I returned home, where I gave my winter wheels a thorough cleaning with plenty of Bilberry.  They were pretty dirty, but came up a treat.  I then washed the car (absolutely filthy all over) with Optimum No Rinse only for it to start raining.  Due to the rain, I had to put the winter set back in the shed without putting any sealant on - that'll have to wait until any sunny weather that decides to come along.

Usually I get the winter set taken off in the middle of March.  Not this year.  Stupid lousy weather.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #267 on: 13 April 2013, 18:31 »
Went to the garage this morning to get my winter wheels/tyres (VW Aspen alloys + Continental TS 830s) taken off and my summer (Seattle Shadows) set put on.  It (60 plate GTD) looks so much nicer with the proper alloys on.  Whilst I was watching the swap take place, another customer sidled up to me and asked me what I thought of my car and whether I was happy with it, also remarking how much he liked it.  It is impossible to express adequately just how much I like my car, but I managed to tell him that it was great and I was very happy with it.  He then volunteered that he was thinking of buying one.  "The new one?" I asked.  He replied, that, he was thinking about the Mark 6, as he preferred the shape.  He then talked to another customer about how I'd have to clean my wheels once I got home as if I wasn't there and in due course, the pair of them got bored looking at my car and wandered outside where they continued talking (hopefully not about me/my car).

After paying £20 for the swap (I gave them a tip as I was feeling generous) I returned home, where I gave my winter wheels a thorough cleaning with plenty of Bilberry.  They were pretty dirty, but came up a treat.  I then washed the car (absolutely filthy all over) with Optimum No Rinse only for it to start raining.  Due to the rain, I had to put the winter set back in the shed without putting any sealant on - that'll have to wait until any sunny weather that decides to come along.

Usually I get the winter set taken off in the middle of March.  Not this year.  Stupid lousy weather.
always good to get the summer shoes back on  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #268 on: 13 April 2013, 21:06 »
Nothing to the car, but bought one of those emergency car hammers today, following a recent scary incident.

My partner locked me and my daughter in the car, inadvertently.........although. :whistle:
He was looking at a work job, and we decided to wait in car, he jumped out taking keys with him and locked it with key (just out of habit).  Thinking he would be back in a few minutes, I was not overly concerned.  Then quite quickly it started to get very stuffy and hot.  I tried to unlock car from inside but it was deadlocked, alarm triggered and I was sure he would hear it, but no.  After calling his mobile he finally answered after about 15 mins and hotfooted it back to 'rescue' us.  Turned out ok but it did spook me and if car heats up that quick in winter, summer doesn't bear thinking about  :shocked:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #269 on: 13 April 2013, 21:46 »
In future, if he locks you in the car, press the button on the B pillar to disarm the alarm and make sure he presses the lock button twice, this will disarm the deadlock but still lock the car, but keep your hammer handy just incase he has a brain fart!! ;)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂