Author Topic: Cadwell Park  (Read 5737 times)

kniterider

Re:Cadwell Park
« Reply #10 on: 29 November 2003, 17:29 »
never got to go to cadwell today!!, i was freezin this morning after having a nosey at why mrwottos car wouldnt start!!, then it started raining!! quite pants weather round here and there was no way i was taking the kids out in that!!! ;Dlet us know what it was like!!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2003, 14:38 »
Cadwell was great guys, you missed a good day ;)

As usual, whenever we count on the british weather, it always does what it does best, and so it p!ssed it down for a couple of hours during the afternoon.

However, that just made it a little more interesting trying to slow the TVR from 135 mph at the end of the straight!!!  :o

There were some great cars there, including a handful of genuine group B rally cars (Audi Quatro and some 6R4's) as well as Carlos Sainz's old Celica which was easily the quickest car of the day. There was also a genuinely impressive thundersaloon cossie (which was reputedly running approx 600bhp) that had more than a little trouble stayng between the green bits when the track got wet  :D

There were a couple of Golfs in attandance, including a white Mk1 that was posting some very tidy laps indeed. Not many wrecks - the thundersaloon went home requiring some P38 and a westfield that went out in the rain (asking for trouble!!) now needs a new nose, but all in all a safe day.

If you're interested in seeing some photo's of the day let me know - an acquaintance of mine (who runs the briskoda forum) was nominated photographer for the day and took approx 600 photos. He will be publishing a fair selection of them, so I will post the link as and when thats done.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2003, 14:59 »

kniterider

« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2003, 16:54 »
good pics will have a better look when i have time matey!!!, i would have been but as i said was far to cold to bring me kid out!!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 December 2003, 19:32 »
It was damn cold, no two ways about that!