Author Topic: Driver's Window Stuck  (Read 3962 times)

Offline houghton817

• Just got here
Driver's Window Stuck
« on: 26 June 2019, 10:18 »
Hello,

On Monday, I tried to put the driver's window down but it wouldn't go down, then after a few tries it did go down, but lo and behold, it wouldn't then go back up after a number of tries.  I whipped the door card off and quickly realised I knew absolutely nothing of what to do next. 

I’ve got 2 years Evans Halshaw guarantee so didn’t want to tinker any further (taking motor off etc), but Tuesday morning on the way to work, I got in the car, set off and went over a speed bump and then when I pulled the switch it went up a tiny bit (25% up), then a bit more (to 40% up) and then went all the way up.

The window now won’t go down, but I don’t want to try it too much, as if it does, then I might not be able to get it to go back up again.

My guess is that it’s fallen off tracking a little, but then why would it work intermittently? The switch works perfectly for the other 3 windows.

Is this super common and if so, is there a quick fix?

Also, is there a way of just searching the GTD forum on here?  I’ve done searches for this but it seems to come up with Mk4 and 6 and not really the Mk7 and being new to the Mk7 I don’t know any similarities. With parts/systems etc.

Apologies for the essay, thanks.

Rick
2016 Golf GTD, Urano Grey (Metallic), DSG, 5 Door.
Had a full interior restoration and exterior Stage 1 Paint Correction and Ceramic Wax not long after purchase.

Done so far:
- KSB Carbon Front Splitter
- Stance+ Coilovers
- Carbon Light Brows
- Carbon Badges
- KillAllWipers Rear Wiper Delete
- Gel+ Plates
- Rear GTD Badge Removal

To do;
- Wind Deflectors
- Rear Light Tint
- Possibly Alloys - thinking Fox Racing MS007 or Rotiform RSE
- Spacers if I get alloys.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Driver's Window Stuck
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2019, 16:28 »
Think you have this covered already, you have tried to take a look and it's not obvious what to do next so why not use your warranty than guess any further? Not heard this as a common problem since mk4 days.

The search at the top by default searches in whatever section you are in, so if you go to http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=128.0 then use the top search box it will only search within the mk7 GTD section.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity