Author Topic: GTI Clubsport.....Can't be long now  (Read 203198 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
Re: GTI Clubsport.....Can't be long now
« Reply #1010 on: 10 January 2017, 21:49 »
My CS  was BB48 which I shall be taking delivery of this week, how are those CS built prior  to BB50  meant to get this software update but only through the VW dealership network. I find it hard to believe that the factory allows cars to build up just to get a software update when it can so easily be done at the dealership.

If it's adjusting the power output it needs to be done before it is released from the factory.  If that is the reason for the update yours will have already been done.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1011 on: 11 January 2017, 11:13 »
My CS  was BB48 which I shall be taking delivery of this week, how are those CS built prior  to BB50  meant to get this software update but only through the VW dealership network. I find it hard to believe that the factory allows cars to build up just to get a software update when it can so easily be done at the dealership.

If it's adjusting the power output it needs to be done before it is released from the factory.  If that is the reason for the update yours will have already been done.

Unfortunately that doesn't explain the build weeks before 50.
They aren't going to produce the cars and then leave them sitting for 3 or 4 weeks before having an update.
If it is just the ECU needing flashed this could be done at the PDI.

Not meaning to cause alarm but any lengthy delay in the process would ring alarm bells for me.
All sounds a bit iffy.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #1012 on: 11 January 2017, 11:58 »
If it's to do with power output there is no way VW would leave it to the dealers to do.  I do agree, however, that they have been stood a long time so there could be more to it than just the software update.  I know my dealer is working very hard to get to the bottom of it, so it's just a waiting game at the moment.

Offline david25

• I live here
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #1014 on: 17 January 2017, 16:45 »
Just spoken to VW Customer Service, despite being built 4 weeks ago, my CS is still stuck at the factory awaiting a software update.  Unbelievable.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #1015 on: 17 January 2017, 17:22 »
Just spoken to VW Customer Service, despite being built 4 weeks ago, my CS is still stuck at the factory awaiting a software update.  Unbelievable.

What spec is it? Seems strange
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #1016 on: 17 January 2017, 18:10 »

What spec is it? Seems strange
Apparently it's not just my CS, they are slowly working through a backlog of them doing the update.  As I mentioned a number of posts above, my guess is it's something to do with the power output.  But 4 weeks, that's crap after waiting nearly 4 months for it to be built.....

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #1017 on: 17 January 2017, 19:16 »
presumably anything that already landed at a dealer would already have been done or did not need it ?  Seems a bit strange to me but assume the factory wouldn't let a car leave if it wasn't "right" ?

Maybe it is the new emissions cheat "patch"
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #1018 on: 21 January 2017, 09:22 »
After nearly 5 weeks the tracker on the VW website has moved from "Car on its way - will take an average of 4 weeks to get to the dealer" to "Car on its way - will take an average or 3 weeks to get to the dealer". :rolleyes:  Looks like it may be a 1st March delivery.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #1019 on: 21 January 2017, 09:39 »
Here for the spring  :cool:
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24