Author Topic: battery relocation and washer bottle mk2  (Read 7346 times)

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
Re: battery relocation and washer bottle mk2
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2011, 19:52 »
tbh i only want to move to get some weight over the back wheels as under heavy braking on track its had a habbit of locking up even with bias valve wound rite off

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2011, 21:49 »
Maybe Bias valve seen better days mate? It shouldn't lock up that easily but I don't know how you drive? :grin:

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2011, 16:37 »
Maybe Bias valve seen better days mate? It shouldn't lock up that easily but I don't know how you drive? :grin:

lol its a brand new wilwood valve  :undecided: think mayby a oem mk2 gti bias valve may be an idea ?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2011, 16:41 »
Mmmmm maybe its too good for the MK2 put OEM on, it won't ever lock up ever  :laugh: :grin:

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2011, 16:56 »
Mmmmm maybe its too good for the MK2 put OEM on, it won't ever lock up ever  :laugh: :grin:

lmao i had to do a quick bodge on the first trackday we did and that included a pair of grips and the rear brake line  :grin: :grin: :grin:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2011, 18:21 »
You can use a modified mini bias valve which gives the full range of bias, most bias valves I have seen only reduce the rears by 30% max, it might be worth looking into that rather than move the battery to the back of the car. The weight should be between the wheelbase and the right side of a mk2 is heavier than the left

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2011, 19:03 »
cheers veedub

i was thinking of just puttin mk2 gti rear beam back on with the bias valve but wasnt sure if all the mk3 disks ect would bolt back on and if its the same width