Author Topic: Ed35 dsg remapping  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
Ed35 dsg remapping
« on: 08 August 2020, 07:50 »
with a remap do you habe to remap the engine and the dsg gearbox or can you just map the engine? How is the gear ratio ect?

Offline BigManHarrison

• Just got here
Re: Ed35 dsg remapping
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2020, 09:18 »
R tech offer a stage 1 remap with a DSG gear box map. Which is generally better because they focus on those specific cars. Various other places just have a generic map. You’re looking at £645. Or they’re offering an injector cleaning for all in price of £690.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2020, 13:22 »
R-tech get my vote  :smiley:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2020, 14:46 »
To answer the actual question.... yes you can map just the engine. Not sure on your concern about ratios - how would a manual manage?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2020, 18:25 »
I'm just new to the dsg gearbox so just wanted to be sure an ecu map only was an option. Everything I can find to read are all ecu/dsg map topics. I wanted to be sure the standard dsg box would handle the extra power and keep the same qualities. If that makes sense. P.s thanks for the reply. I'm new to the gti world and absolutely love my edition 35, which is why I wanted advice on mapping 👍

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2020, 08:37 »
Think of the DSG box as a manual one that changes gear automatically based on what the software tells it do do to match certain parameters. Re-mapping it just changes the software, so it reads those parameters differently. It also gives you full manual control, which is something the standard software won't allow.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Eighteen88

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2020, 14:05 »
I got mine done not long after buying the car, the difference is fantastic found it much more responsive also added a GFB DV+.....OMG no more turbo lag 🚀
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+