Author Topic: hellloo diy remap!  (Read 21635 times)

Offline munks

• Not said much yet
  • Hey everybody come see how good i look!
hellloo diy remap!
« on: 15 October 2010, 20:16 »
hi, i've got kwp 2000+ which have used for remapping various diesels... haven't yet done a petrol BUT i was wondering if anyone have been successful with a year 2000 20v turbo? i have many files but dont fancy trying all 26 on my ecu. how many times are the vag ecu's limited for remapping? does anyone have successful WinRAR files for good performance? i will also need the flasher programme that recogises the 20v turbo ecu group..

any help would be appreciated!! :cool:

Offline houston

• I live here
Re: hellloo diy remap!
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2010, 22:26 »
i wouldnt risk it, there not the greatest tool and give you nothing for recovery.

its the map your paying for anyway, invest wisely, the cd you get with it are really terrible maps, cause a lot of troubles

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2010, 23:34 »
Doesn't sound like your too confident what to do, it you really want to persue this id spend alot more time doing homework.

You have high risk of causing permanent engine damage, not exactly something to mess about with and learn on the job.

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2010, 23:35 »
Doesn't sound like your too confident what to do, it you really want to persue this id spend alot more time doing homework.

You have high risk of causing permanent engine damage, not exactly something to mess about with and learn on the job.

+1 sound advice  :smiley:

Offline jimbooboo

• I live here
  • YUM YUM
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2010, 23:41 »
Do what I do and just go for it..

I mean take a look at my headliner once its done. What a f**k up that is  :wink:

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2010, 09:18 »
Do what I do and just go for it..

I mean take a look at my headliner once its done. What a f**k up that is  :wink:

Theres a massive cost difference between and engine and a headliner dude ;)

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2010, 12:14 »
Jeez mate you got some balls to try out DIY remapping I just changed my pants thinking of the probs you could cause to the engine and other stuff.

Are you planning on doing it as a sale item or just for your own personal car?
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2010, 12:28 »

exactly unless you have the knowledge then i'd leave it to the experts like nick @ r-tech people who know what they are doing  :wink:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2010, 12:37 »
Also Chris/Ben @ Tuneside  :nerd: :afro:  :cool:
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline munks

• Not said much yet
  • Hey everybody come see how good i look!
« Reply #9 on: 16 October 2010, 19:28 »
I cant see much of a problem apart from fuc*ing the ecu up by mapping it to many times.
Also if ur not happy with the mapp after its done u can put the original back on!
for instance done my mates pug 306 hdi eventually got it right and was 150bhp but had to map it about 40 times to get it right!
i dont think id do it on anybodys car if i didnt kno them so mostly for my own use.