Author Topic: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!  (Read 261804 times)

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
Re: The Photography Thread, back again by popular demand!
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2008, 16:06 »
Not any pics this time just some random chatter re cleaning.

I had a fair bit of dirt on the sensor and mirror and the rocket blower did the biz on the mirror but the sensor was putting up a fight. I took it to a local shop who do servicing/cleaning and they quoted me £40 to do the sensor. I asked what products they have/use and they showed me a kit from Visible Dust....at £120 :shocked:

I had a look at it and it consists of an Arctic Butterfly (I instantly thought of something for the missus from Ann Summers...shows where my mind is at :grin:) but it is a fine brush that fits into an elctric handle that spins the brush producing silly amounts of static to lift the dust off. You also get 16 1.6mm swabs (clinically sealed) and 16 edge swabs as well as some cleaning fluid.

I priced them up individually (as in the kit you get a handy case for the butterfly, some swabs, fluid and other small bits) and it came to £132. I cheakily asked for some lens cleaner (that has a cloth, mini screwdrivers and brush in the kit) and did a 'what's the best price' thing just like Dom from Don't Get Done Get Dom :grin:. They did the lot for me for £105 so bargain all the way.

The camera now has flawless pics (well the quality not the pic taker) so I feel really proud of myself :smug:

Only thing is there are some marks/dust on the focus viewer that you can see when framing the pic, but as this doesn't come out in the pics I'm happy. Had a quote to get the screen replaced/cleaned and as they have to take the top of the body (old D70) it would be £70 so I think I can live with it as is :grin:

Just though I'd share.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2008, 16:10 »
Good stuff, my lenses are filthy and need a good clean and I have had to give my sensor a quick wipe with a cotton bud once since I got it Jan.

Nick

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2008, 16:15 »
The Northloop guys are at Silverstone next Thursday (7th) and as I'm possibly selling the Mk1 track car and didn't want to chance an 'off' I'm going to take some pics on the day. I bought the camera to do pics at the CGTi 'Ring trip but as I'm not there (f*&%ing work) I'm needing to get a trackday fix...even if it's from the sidelines :smiley:.

You about next Thurs??

Komenda

« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2008, 16:27 »
I use this, has replaceable tips that you can clean each time you use it by twisting it in the cap. It has a diamond shape so you can get right in the corners and a fine brush at the other end. Good bit of kit for £30

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #14 on: 01 August 2008, 16:29 »
What's it called? I need one.

nick

Komenda

« Reply #15 on: 01 August 2008, 16:31 »
What's it called? I need one.

nick

Here's the site for it. its a sensorklear by Lenspen

http://www.lenspen.com/

Some in stock

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LensPen-SensorKlear-Pro-cleaning-kit/dp/B000VKK48C
« Last Edit: 01 August 2008, 16:35 by Komenda »

Komenda

« Reply #16 on: 01 August 2008, 20:35 »

Some more of my Faves from the WTCC

tisme

« Reply #17 on: 01 August 2008, 21:24 »
nice my fav. is the bottom seat one its very :cool:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2008, 21:49 »
That some amazing panning shots fella, awesome stuff.

Nick

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2008, 23:18 »
....A great pic of my GTI shot by Horney Nick : -

I love that bottom landscape pic taken by Guy.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2