Author Topic: New to the forum problems already  (Read 14405 times)

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
Re: New to the forum problems already
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2019, 14:16 »
Thank u mate hopefully gona havw it looked at today

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2019, 00:15 »
Just been back from the mechanic which is a friend also his sayi  the turbos gone aswell. Also the tempreture gauge issue is actually the guage its self not the sensor that also came up. He said a certain part of the turbo has fell through and gone i to the cat said he can hear it rattle i  there, in turn i am having variable boost hence the hesitation some times and it. His sayin the ocar otherwise is in good condition
 His anit of a mod head and has almost persuaded me to buy a mamba turbo replacementwhat do you giys think

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 04 May 2019, 11:39 »
Just been back from the mechanic which is a friend also his sayi  the turbos gone aswell. Also the tempreture gauge issue is actually the guage its self not the sensor that also came up. He said a certain part of the turbo has fell through and gone i to the cat said he can hear it rattle i  there, in turn i am having variable boost hence the hesitation some times and it. His sayin the ocar otherwise is in good condition
 His anit of a mod head and has almost persuaded me to buy a mamba turbo replacementwhat do you giys think

I'd find another mechanic.  If this one thinks that "part of the turbo" has "fell through" and ended up in the catalytic converter it must have found its way past an inlet valve, survived the combustion process, and then exited via an exhaust valve before becoming trapped in the cat, then I'd look for a second opinion.

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 04 May 2019, 12:32 »
Lol this was the second opinion both have now said turbo

Offline Simeon

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 05 May 2019, 14:45 »
As above, the guy's explanation sounds like bollox. However, you can't diagnose via a forum unless you change parts and it sounds like you aren't a spanner man, so you're gonna have to trust your mate knows what he's doing.

How did the chap work out the clocks are at fault and not the temp sensor?

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 05 May 2019, 22:15 »
3 electronic fualts came up on his diagnostics app
Central locking
Rear speaker
Instrument clustertemp gauge

Along with the turbo faults i mentioned earlier even though that was througg a different mechanic my friends app was pretty detailed to be fair

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2019, 06:16 »
3 electronic fualts came up on his diagnostics app
Central locking
Rear speaker
Instrument clustertemp gauge

Along with the turbo faults i mentioned earlier even though that was througg a different mechanic my friends app was pretty detailed to be fair

Is the guy using a cheap diagnostic app as I've never heard a speaker store a fault code and I've had over 30 mk4s

Get it checked  via vag com or post your location and see if a member that's confident with vag com to check your car 

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2019, 09:15 »
East london area anyone willing to come give it a once over is free to

Offline Serhado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2019, 23:18 »
So i just changed the temp sensor and gsf car parts had %60 discount going today so thought ill change the MAF sensor too....... well ive just had time to drive the car now and the temp guage works as it should now and the car does not stutter any more fingers cross this solved it.

If it has firstly i cant believe something as small as a coolant temp sensor is causing so many problems and secondly i almost biught a new turbo because of this. The eml is still on but will wait to see if it goes off on its own if not i will reset it. After ive done a few miles. The car pulls decently right now.

Next i will be changing the n75 valve and clean thw throttle body just to make sure. Nothing else is wrong with the car before i go all out modding.

Any ideas which n75 valve to get?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 08 May 2019, 02:02 »
So both mechanics are full of sh!t  :grin: I said all along it wasn't the turbo and I've never looked at the car