Author Topic: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI  (Read 37604 times)

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
Re: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2011, 11:16 »
Now that the brakes have to started to bed in, I am seriously feeling the improvements of this set up!! :smiley:
I have also got myself a brand new set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs for a massive £66 posted! :cool:

Just need to source some Bilstein B4 shocks n new top mounts when funds allow.

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 20 December 2011, 22:13 »
VW service done, so another stamp to add to my FVWSH! :cool: Didn't get the most expensive service done, as I don't casually have £300 spare just before Christmas, so I've ordered a new pollen filter and fuel filter off of Euro Car Parts to complete the servicing! :smiley:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 December 2011, 17:28 »
Fitted both the pollen filter n the fuel filter this afternoon :smiley:

Look at the difference between the pollen filters!! :sick: :sick:

If anyone wants to know how to change their pollen filter, check the maintenance section, as I did a write up for everyone! :afro:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2011, 15:02 »
Got round to cleaning up my grubby cream dash, and fitting my brushed ali trim! :smiley:

Still want to get a black gear surround, and get a double din stereo/DVD/sat-nab unit, when funds allow.

Got the MOT at the end of next month, and I know that the axle bushes and wishbone bushes need replacing. During the service, I was told that one I my struts is leaking, my rear spring has a crack an the top mounts need replacing! The best bit is, it was the perfect excuse to completely redo the suspension! :rolleyes: Just need to purchase some bilstein b4 shocks and get everything fitted! :smiley:

Watch this space, as a lot will be done in the next month!
« Last Edit: 03 January 2012, 02:44 by sveed1.8T »

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 09 January 2012, 10:17 »
Got my Bilstein B4 shocks delivered today :smiley:

I've purchased some top mounts as well, so I just need to get it all fitted before my MOT!

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 February 2012, 21:15 »
Car passed the MOT no problems, so that's another 12months sorted for me! :smiley: To prepare it for the MOT, I knew I had to redo the suspension, so I bought:

-Top mounts
-Bilstein Shocks
-Eibach 30mm Springs
-Wishbones
-Ball Joints
-Skoda VRS Rear Axle Bushes
 :cool:

Still not overly convinced with the drop on the 30mm springs, but the handling is incredible now! Not sure if I'll invest in some 40mm springs in the future, or just get on with it, but overall, the comfort and handling of my suspension is really good :smiley:

Will hopefully get some pics up this weekend :wink:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 04 February 2012, 22:03 »
As promised...

Now, it's by no way 'slammed' but it is no where near the monster truck level it was originally! :grin: In the second pic, you can see the height of my GTI on standards springs, n it looks high IMO!

Obviously I would love the tyres to be licking my wheel arches, but I am really happy with the handling that this set up gives me! :smiley:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 25 February 2012, 01:30 »
I would definitely have it lower, but am keeping a sensible head atm! :smiley: Certainly wouldn't rule it out! :evil:

Massive weight of my mind getting it through the MOT, even if i did spend a few £££ on completely redoing the suspension :lipsrsealed: Wishbones were good, even if I did have to go and purchase ball joints from ECP! :rolleyes: :grin:

Really want to get my bumpers sprayed and fitted, but will probably wait a month or so for funds! That, and I'm extremely busy at work right now :undecided:

Got something else in the pipeline as well, but you'll all just have to wait and see...

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2012, 09:29 »
Haven't done anything to major to the car recently, as I haven't really had time :undecided: I did however need two new front tyres on my 18" Monza II's. Went and treated myself to some 225/40 Pirellis! :smiley:

My god do they stick to the road well!!! :cool: I also had my tracking done, as they were out... by quite a lot! :grin: :lipsrsealed: All fixed now though! :smiley:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2012, 18:33 »
Several months ago on here someone decided to mod the Mk5 gear knob to their Mk4, n did a good job too. This gave me the inspiration to change from my standard 6speed knob (although I didn't want to follow the trend of going Anni or R32). I really like the look of the Mk5 GTI gear knob, but they were all selling for in excess of £80 on ebay :undecided:

I was scanning through eBay at all VAG gear knobs n came across this one that was fitted to Ibiza's, Leon's, Exeo's etc. It's a tad 'sportier' than my previous gear knob, n at £18.50 posted, what's not to like! :cool: