Author Topic: Fitting Forge Actuator?  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Kruga

• Not said much yet
  • Silver - MK4 1.8T AGU 2000
Fitting Forge Actuator?
« on: 29 July 2014, 18:58 »
Alright so picked up a K03S hybrid on the weekend and bought the Forge Actuator off "Oceanic_green" on this site (thanks again for that)  :grin:

Just wondering has anybody else had problems fitting these? as one of the screw holes doesn't line up at all and the actuator is rubbing against part of the turbo? (See picture below)

Also is the part ive circled blue meant to move back an forth quite easy or do i just tighten the bolts tight as?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Fitting Forge Actuator?
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2014, 19:00 »
you haven't got the right bracket for your type of turbo. If you ask Forge nicely they might send you the right one

As for the wastegate please don't set it without reading into it first, you will destroy something...

I'm sure someone will tell you what it should be set at, I can't remember off the top of my head

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Kruga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2014, 19:24 »
you haven't got the right bracket for your type of turbo. If you ask Forge nicely they might send you the right one

As for the wastegate please don't set it without reading into it first, you will destroy something...

I'm sure someone will tell you what it should be set at, I can't remember off the top of my head

Ive emailed Forge now will wait on reply thanks wazzzer!
and also thanks again haha ill take the forge actuator off and put the standard one back on i remember how that was set  :grin:
Much appreciated

Offline Kruga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2014, 18:05 »
Update - got a reply back from John at Forge they said the actuator i have has the Ibiza k03s bracket on it where as i need just a standard bracket off a standard actuator so there sending me one over and ive just got to drill the holes and put it on the forge actuator  :smiley:

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2014, 12:42 »
in terms of setting it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJDy6Ipm9I

If you are planning to go stage 2, you may want a yellow spring in the actuator and in the DV I use a yellow too
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Kruga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2014, 18:03 »
in terms of setting it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtJDy6Ipm9I

If you are planning to go stage 2, you may want a yellow spring in the actuator and in the DV I use a yellow too

Yes the plan is to go stage 2 :grin: just bought Dom's darkside intercooler and already have a yellow spring in the DV will check what spring is in the actuator, are Saab red injectors a good upgrade too?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2014, 19:52 »
usually Calibra yellows are good if you are sticking with the K03s, Saab reds if you're going K04

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Kruga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2014, 12:04 »
Ok thanks wazzer think im gonna be purchasing a few things in your signature haha

Offline Kruga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2014, 14:31 »
Ok guys so new bracket turned up fits perfectly all holes line up great  :grin:

Problem is the rod going from the forge actuator seems to be bigger than the rod on the standard actuator?

Standard on left / Forge on right

do i need to buy a new rod now? as its almost impossible to push the bar through the wastegate hole

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2014, 18:14 »
You might have the rod for the k04 once again ask forge nicely lol

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil: