Author Topic: Coolant temp sensor wiring  (Read 1107 times)

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
Coolant temp sensor wiring
« on: 14 July 2014, 19:54 »
Have witnessed shocking mpg and realised my converted car hasn't had the coolant temp sensor wired in just wondering if anyone can help me just wondering how I would wore it in I'm using the mk4 agu management, just wondering what ecu pin I would wire to ect

Thanks for your help, also what else could cause terrible mpg?

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
Re: Coolant temp sensor wiring
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2014, 20:43 »
Right I know it's pin 53 on the ecu so if I run a wire from there to the sensor where would I run the other wore to as I don't really understand the wiring diagram, thank you

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2014, 12:18 »
Im inclined to believe I have wiring issues with the temp sensor as well albeit on my PD130. Does your temperature gauge move at all?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2014, 19:13 »
it has a dual circuit, one set of terminals will tell the ECU the temperature so it will adjust the mixture to suit and the other gives your gauge its reading

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2014, 21:33 »
Yeah I know, I was just wondering if he was having the same symptoms as me.

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2014, 14:45 »
mine was running ok although i have no clue where there reading is coming from as i have a coolant temp sensor with no plug in it on the top rad hose from the agu it would just sit at 90 which i was happy with but i was fiddling to sort my lights out and now i have a flashing light on the dash and no reading atall and the mpg has gone to sh!t so i need to know the pin outs so i can trace where the coolant temp sensor wiring is going to, does any one have any info that could help me?, would be greatly appreciated