Author Topic: Wipers Slow?  (Read 878 times)

Offline Col5632

• Not said much yet
Wipers Slow?
« on: 31 May 2012, 12:19 »
I have read that the mech seizes up and eventually if left the motor goes also, is there a guide on how to check if its seized and how to check motor works correctly etc?

Offline GunnerCP

• I live here
Re: Wipers Slow?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2012, 12:54 »
I've never read of a motor going but the linkages are a common one as you are aware.

Oh and as it happens, I've got a few month old linkage (new from VW) attached to my used motor for same! Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Offline Col5632

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2012, 13:11 »
I've never read of a motor going but the linkages are a common one as you are aware.

Oh and as it happens, I've got a few month old linkage (new from VW) attached to my used motor for same! Drop me a pm if you're interested.

I'll let you know if i need it, how do i go about checking the linkage?

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2012, 15:05 »
Yep is usually the linkage goes first then the motor, if its going slow already i would say the linkage needs doing now.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2012, 15:05 »
Yep is usually the linkage goes first then the motor, if its going slow already i would say the linkage needs doing now.

Agreed  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Col5632

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2012, 09:59 »

It's strange because sometimes it goes mega slow and then others it kinda goes back to normal  :laugh:

Offline GunnerCP

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2012, 12:04 »
Yea, mine were like that when it went.... One day you'll try to use them and they'll come on then totally seize.... Get a new linkage ASAP.....

Offline Col5632

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2012, 13:14 »
Yea, mine were like that when it went.... One day you'll try to use them and they'll come on then totally seize.... Get a new linkage ASAP.....

Where is best to buy one?