Author Topic: 16V GTi will not rev  (Read 5509 times)

Offline SPB16V

• Just got here
16V GTi will not rev
« on: 01 July 2020, 17:40 »
Hi all. I have a mk2 16V that has the head rebuilt which has been put back together and it idles sweet as a nut. However after a few minutes from cold if I touch the accelerator,it just dies and more often than not will not re start. I have been through the setup process for setting it up from this forum but I am now out of ideas. Just another point, should the ISV stop vibrating when the micro switch has broken contact? Any help would be greatly appreciated  :smiley:

Offline bodga

• Here all the time
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: 16V GTi will not rev
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2020, 08:56 »
Hi, the ISV is the problem, when it stops buzzing the engine will cut out or idle at really low revs.

Offline SPB16V

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2020, 08:50 »
Thanks bodga, I'll spend some time looking at that and then start at the metering head through if no luck there. I think that I'm also assuming that the new temp sensors that I've fitted are actually the correct ones now as they kept sending the wrong ones - circular pan headed one instead of the blade?

Offline bodga

• Here all the time
  • F reg GTI 16v
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2020, 06:12 »
Yes the same here, mine had spade terminal temp sensors, they were rotted away before I replaced them. If you need me to test the resistance on mine let me know, I will measure them when the car is at running temperature and when cold. if I remember correctly 2 sensors give readings to the ISV controller behind the centre console and 1 is for the temperature gauge on the dash. You can swap the wires round on the sensors if you think one is iffy.